The restaurant industry is currently going through a major labor shortage. This situation will only worsen if there is an economic downturn, especially for quick service restaurants. Presto is the leader in next-gen automation technologies that help restaurants increase capacity, lower costs, and enhance guest experience by significantly improving labor productivity. We are experiencing rapid growth and are on our way to be publicly listed in September, 2022. Our solutions include:
● Voice: Guests and staff can place orders using conversational A.I. with over 95% accuracy (highest in the industry), even in noisy environments.
● Vision: Using just a few cameras equipped with computer vision, restaurants can measure throughput and order accuracy, identify issues, repeat visitors and implement real-time fixes.
● Touch: Designed for both drive-thru and dine-in applications, the same Presto Flex can be deployed as a pay-at-table, staff handheld, kiosk, or drive-thru line buster—offering wide front-of-house flexibility.
Join us to be a part of a phenomenon that is revolutionizing the restaurant industry!
Presto is seeking a Product Manager – Voice to join our Product team, reporting to the Director of Product Management. The ideal candidate brings experience building AI-powered automated speech recognition (ASR), Natural Language Processing (NLP), conversational AI, and machine learning products at scale, and is not afraid to dig in! We are looking for someone who can be a product leader and work with Presto’s voice/NLP team to identify, define, and deliver unique solutions applying voice processing and recognition techniques to solve a wide range of restaurant industry challenges for QSR and casual dining restaurant operators.
- Engage with stakeholders to formulate the vision, strategy and product roadmap for Presto’s voice products and execute it by constantly managing stakeholders expectations and working through dependencies
- Understand key user personas, customers & stakeholders and their pain points
- Effectively document and communicate new requirements to the engineering team using user stories, personas, and acceptance tests
- Map and understand the landscape for voice-enabled solutions and identify partner and/or acquisition opportunities
- Work cross-functionally with design, product, data analytics, and engineering to lead ideation, creation, and launch of Presto’s voice products and features
- Gain deep understanding of our customers’ business models and priorities, as well as their technical requirements in order to identify and present strategies for optimizing Presto’s products to meet market demands
- Be the subject matter expert for Presto’s conversational voice products for customers, prospects, and internal stakeholders
- Measure the success of features/capabilities after release and inform internal teams as well as external stakeholders
- Optimize performance through results, customer feedback, and data-driven iterations
- Engineering degree preferred
- 5+ years experience as a Product Manager on voice-to-text, NLP, voice recognition, and AI/ML products or related experience
- Knowledge of the voice-recognition/conversational AI/NLP ecosystem
- Experience building and launching voice-processing/conversational AI products
- Understands the complexities of building ML and NLP products and has experience prototyping, iterating on, evaluating, and scaling large-scale ML/NLP systems
- Can connect ML value propositions to actual user problems
- Experience building voice products that have ML algorithms at their core
- Exposure to popular ML concepts, frameworks and deployment patterns
- Experience leading product development start to finish, including shipping customer-facing products, with the ability to drive prioritization consensus across business units and serve as an effective liaison between customers and Engineering
- Ability to work and drive results independently, as well as collaborate with others on solutions
- Previous experience in a tech startup environment
- Ability to improvise, think creatively, and find simple solutions to solve complex problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
With over 250,000 systems shipped, we are one of the largest labor automation technology providers in the industry. Founded at M.I.T. in 2008, Presto is headquartered in Silicon Valley, Calif., with customers including many of the top 20 restaurant chains in the U.S.
We invite you to visit our website to learn more about our recent funding and the plans to be publicly listed in September, 2022.