Soapbox Labs is a dynamic and creative Trinity campus company based in the convenient and central Portobello area of Dublin. We are building speech recognition technology for children between the ages of 4 and 10, enabling device interactions for gaming, learning and communication. The SoapBox platform allows developers to incorporate our ‘smart’ cloud based engine into their digital apps and web services.
We are currently looking to expand our team to help develop our patent-pending, proprietary speech recognition system. We are looking for enthusiastic and committed candidates who thrive under minimal supervision, and dream big.
What we are looking for
We are currently seeking a Product Manager to join our growing team. The right person for this role is someone who is motivated, passionate about building a great product, and has a deep interest in software innovations,, technology for children and artificial intelligence.
You will be the sole Product Manager for the company, so this is a role for someone with prior experience and ready to own and grow the role themselves with the support of the CEO, COO and wider team.
- Develop a deep understanding of the technology and company objectives
- Work closely with the project manager and engineering teams to ensure successful and timely delivery of product development
- Requirements gathering and translating them into prioritised product deliverables
- Strategic planning – long and short-term
- Managing internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Management of third party vendors
- Liaise with users and customers to inform future product direction
- 3+ years of experience managing product delivery in an agile environment
- Strong planning, organisation and communication skills
- Experience working with teams of engineers, developers and designers
- Experience collecting requirements and translating them into prioritised product deliverables
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex information clearly to varying audiences
- Experience building rapport and create engaging relationships with customers
- Awareness of the challenges of working with technology/data
- Fluency in English is a must
- Certified Agile Product Manager
- Startup experience
- Experience with data privacy and protection
What we offer
- A competitive remuneration package (with stock options)
- Unique opportunity to shape the future of children’s voice technology
- Flexible working environment
- Dublin 8 location in walking distance of Dublin City Centre
- The chance to get in at the ground floor of this high-growth start-up