In a world where trades are happening faster than ever to answer our needs, where sustainability is not just an option anymore, clarity and trust in the information we trade with are a must.
So, say hello to Kpler! We exist to facilitate sustainable and efficient trade to meet the changing needs of our world. To do so we’ve built a Data-as-a-Service solution that does exactly that across the lifecycle of a trade.
Our solution aggregates data from hundreds of sources including radar and satellite imagery as well as logistics, governmental, shipping databases and more. Intelligently connecting the dots across fragmented information landscapes, we bring to our clients a unique, real-time understanding of the trades happening all over the world, by giving them access to live information about the movement of cargos, the availability of vessels as well as the commodity storage.
To support this endeavor we have teams in more than 7 countries and 8 key locations (Brussels, Paris, London, Vienna, Dubai, Singapore, Houston and New York). With individuals of various backgrounds, diverse skills, and international experiences, being global & inclusive is in our DNA!
What you will do
Kpler’s Data Ingestion team plays a central role in delivering high-quality data to our users.
The Data Ingestion team focuses on the data pipelines required for the extraction, transformation, and load of the data received from the hundreds of sources we aggregate. The team also provides all the tools for our data operations teams to add, clean and manipulate the core data.
As a Product Manager for our Data Ingestion team, one of your focus will be to define the requirements to deliver the best internal tools for our dataops so they can manipulate data in the most accurate and efficient manner.
Your tech background will come handy as you will also be working with the engineers to define the requirements and organize the task required for the enhancement and maintenance of our data pipelines.
Note: This role will be remote-first working from Europe with a preference to be based in Paris, or London.
• Working with analysts to understand their needs and build solutions to make their day to day job faster, more efficient and more accurate.
• Have an appetite for data architecture topics
• Working with tech team to write requirements, prioritize, and do user validation
• Understand APIs: build samples and train our internal users
• Be curious and have a strong hunger for learning
• At least 2/3 years as Technical Product Manager or Software Engineer looking for a move into product management
• Excellent analytical ability, at ease with working with databases
• Strong communication skills
• Team player and quick learner
• Native or bilingual in English
• First visio interview with Manuel (Talent Manager) — 30 minutes
• Interview with Agnes (Lead Product Manager, hiring manager) — 45 minutes + 15 min Use Case Introduction
• Use Case Preparation – 1 week (on your own)
• Use Case Presentation with 3 teammates (1PM, 2 Engineers) – 45 mins (single meeting)
• Meet the team — 30 minutes x 3 (1 PMs, 1 Engineer Manager, 1 Dataops)
• Meet Clark (VP Product) — 30 minutes
• Offer chat if all goes well with Agnes
• Agnes will call you in between all key interview steps to provide you feedback and to get yours.
• Be humble – We always place the interests of the collective before your own.
• Respect and care for others – We make every person feel comfortable in their own beliefs, decisions, and perspectives.
• Take responsibility – We take ownership of our actions.
• Act with integrity -We are honest and transparent in all your dealings.
• Be bold – We push the boundaries in order to improve and grow.
You’ll get to work in a truly global environment, with more than 30 nationalities speaking more than 15 languages.
Our People Pledge
Don’t meet every single requirement? Research shows that women and people of color are less likely than others to apply if they feel like they don’t match 100% of the job requirements. Don’t let the confidence gap stand in your way, we’d love to hear from you! We understand that experience comes in many different forms and are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
Kpler is committed to providing a fair, inclusive and diverse work-environment. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer
By applying, I confirm that I have read and accept the Staff Privacy Notice