We are looking for a talented individual to join the International Online Product team as Product Owner. In the team they will work in a dynamic international environment to define, manage and deliver world-class customer technology for our international online businesses. The individual will take ownership of one or multiple key workstreams and will become the expert in their areas. As such, they will keep themselves and the wider team up-to-date with market developments to clearly understand what great looks like.
This role will best suit an individual who thrives under pressure, is well organised, pragmatic and a creative lateral thinker. They will be a strong team player, able to manage issues, decisions and multiple stakeholders and most importantly, they will put our customers first.
The position will be based at our Head Office in Welwyn Garden City but will be required to spend time in our Digital Innovation Centre in Farringdon, London, some International travel is likely. Free parking is available onsite, we’re connected to London Kings Cross with a fast service (c. 25mins) and our offices include gym, canteen, petrol and dry cleaning services.
By putting the customer at the heart of everything you do, and understanding the differing needs and shopping behaviours of the local customer in each of our markets, you will identify opportunities for new customer propositions or enhancements to existing customer technology.
Owning the end to end delivery of the product throughout the development lifecycle, you will:
- Have a vision and define the roadmap for a product, identifying customer proposition opportunities and articulating their business value
- Through broad reaching customer and stakeholder engagement define product requirements
- Understand how to balance a localised customer offering with the challenges of shared international platforms.
- Articulate product requirements through agile user stories and manage the priority of the product backlog
- Work with solution architects and other technical colleagues to ensure the technical delivery approach successfully meets the business requirements
- Effectively project manage workstreams, with a clear plan, objectives and communication. Understand any cross-functional dependencies to anticipate and resolve any potential roadblocks
- Work very closely alongside agile scrum teams through the sprint and release cadence to develop the product
- Through demos and user acceptance testing be accountable for the delivery of an excellent quality product
- Manage the business implementation of the product: through understanding operational impacts be accountable for coordinating Operating Model updates, training and any product launch activities across all applicable stakeholders.
- You will have extensive agile product ownership experience, ideally from an ecommerce/retail environment.
- Solid technical understanding – In order to get the best out of our IT colleagues, you will need to be comfortable having technical conversations, understand the possibilities of online technologies and know when to ask questions.
- You will be a well-organised project manager, able to look ahead, identify challenges and issues, and coordinate a wide range of stakeholders across multiple functions to deliver solutions
- Your written and verbal communication skills must be second to none – structured, flexible and clear.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 2:1 Degree
- Product ownership experience is essential
- Ecommerce/IT experience with a customer focus is essential
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are essential
- Experience of working in an International context is advantageous although not essential
To Apply please send you CV to: Marcus.firstname.lastname@example.org