We will consider any requests from job applicants to work flexibly on a part-time basis (0.6 FTE or 0.8 FTE). This role is 2 days/week in London.
LSE’s Communication Division leads and coordinates internal and external communications for the School and offers communication advice, training and support. The division’s Product Team supports existing digital products and develops new internal products for connecting the LSE community. This role will have both aspects, particularly as we are looking comprehensively at how to support staff and student needs through our work, and how existing products integrate and lead into future plans.
The Digital Product Lead will manage the ongoing development of the Student Hub product – the app for LSE students – along with associated responsibilities supporting its users. You will also help develop our approach to creating successful digital products in the LSE environment that support the School’s 2030 strategic objectives, and take a leading role in getting buy-in and navigating internal governance processes for specific new product initiatives. This role sits within a newly-created Product team and will work closely with the Head of Product.
The required key skills & experience for the role include:
- Planning and delivering product improvements using industry-standard product management tools and techniques
- Conducting user research using continuous discovery practices and translating user needs into tangible outcomes
- Excellent understanding of web technologies and the digital platform environments required to ensure functionality, reliability, data integrity and security
- Presenting digital product concepts and progress updates to stakeholders of varying seniorities and technical familiarity
- Building effective relationships and influencing without direct authority across a busy, decentralised organisation
- Balancing advocating for your ideas and remaining open-minded to different or opposing views; discerning when and how to challenge assertively, yet being able to “disagree and commit”
We offer an occupational pension scheme, generous annual leave and excellent training and development opportunities.
For further information about the post, please see the how to apply document, job description document and the person specification document at the application link.