We’re looking for a Technical Product Manager.
You will join a multidisciplined product team to develop real-world useful products, and work with a small team of product managers to achieve overarching company goals.
We’re here because we believe in small businesses. We believe they deserve better than waiting weeks for a loan. And we believe it’s our job to help them grow.
We started in 2012 with these principles, and we hold true to them today – now that we’re one of the fastest-growing fintechs in Europe. In the time between, we’ve built the best tech platform in lending, won several awards and opened up £3.5 billion in loans to over 70,000 businesses.
So what’s next? Our mission now is to help one million businesses who need us. To do this, we’ll need new products and partnerships. But most of all, we’ll need smart, hands-on people to join us on the journey and get us to our goal.
As the Technical Product Manager, you will collaborate with developers and designers, and key business teams such as marketing, sales and ops. Your cross-functional role offers exposure to a variety of intellectually stimulating challenges, whilst maintaining clear direction and prioritisation. Your delivery focused role will help iwoca launch new projects and features. The long term growth opportunities for this role include strategic responsibilities; influencing and contributing to the most important decisions that we’re making here at iwoca.
- Draw up product / feature requirement documents, working closely with programmers and designers.
- Break down complex technical problems into smaller manageable pieces.
- Be in charge of the swift delivery of new features: managing step by step the intermediate milestones and removing blockers.
- Be the voice of the project: working closely with business stakeholders to make sure that Tech and the business stay aligned on progress and goals.
- Contribute to the discovery and development of the broader team roadmap, using qualitative and quantitative techniques to generate new insights and opportunities.
- We look for people that are smart, humble, motivated and who are always looking to improve.
- Significant experience in either a project/product management role or a technical (programming or analyst) role.
- Delivery focused, and driven to make things happen.
- You have a track record in successfully managing multiple projects and relationships at the same time.
- Natural curiosity to spot, break down and resolve problems.
- Confidence and experience working with multiple internal stakeholders and external partners.
- Team player mindset with a balance of confidence, gravitas, humility, and enthusiasm: you will need to work with various teams to get stuff done in a rapidly growing environment where resources are continuously stretched.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You thrive in environments that require building relationships built on trust and expertise.
- Excited about helping small businesses thrive – belief in our mission is important!
Don’t take this list as prescriptive: it’s just to give you a sense of who might do well on the job. We’d still love to hear from you if you don’t hit every point on the list, or if you have other experience.
We work hard to make iwoca a place where everyone feels welcome – we want everyone to confidently be themselves. For us, diversity isn’t an optional add-on. It’s the thing that makes us great.
We put a lot of effort into making iwoca a brilliant place to work:
- Offices in London, Leeds, and Frankfurt.
- Events and clubs, like bingo, comedy nights, yoga classes, football…
- Two company retreats a year, we’ve been to France, Italy, Spain and further afield.
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our offices.
Our benefits package is second-to-none:
- Medical insurance from Vitality, including discounted gym membership.
- 25 days’ holiday and an extra day off for your birthday.
- Quarterly pay reviews.
- Instant access to emotional and mental health support with our partner, Spill.
- Generous maternity leave and shared parental leave.
- A nursery tax benefit scheme to help you save money.
- Paid volunteering time to support your chosen charity.
- Extra leave if you want to travel or study.
- One-month fully paid sabbaticals after 4 years.
- Cycle-to-work scheme and electric car scheme.
And to make sure we all keep learning, we offer:
- An L&D budget for everyone, including a book budget.
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers.
- Access to learning platforms like Treehouse if you want to learn to code.