We’re looking for a full time Senior Experience Designer to join our growing product team, someone to lead UX design throughout Move, and ensure we deliver fantastic quality UX work across every customer touch point.
Your work will help thousands of people in the UK get active each day, and hundreds of fitness instructors find a market for their talent. Think AirBnB for fitness. The product’s team focus in 2018 will be a significant improvement in quality of Move’s CX lifecycle and product UX.
Being a Mover isn’t just a job, it’s a way of life. Work the hours that suit you. Look after your kids in the afternoon and work in the evening, work from a ski resort for a month in winter and the beach for a month in summer… or just take a 2 hour lunch break each day for your choice of workout. Move is a work-hard, play-hard environment, but with the recognition that often its work that should flex around life.
You will work collaboratively within the product teams with other designers, developers, product managers and stakeholders to craft user-centred designs that will shape Move. Working with the Head of Product, you’ll help shape the vision, goals and methods of delivering well researched, tested and considered design thinking. You’ll lead the day-to-day running and delivery of your projects, ensuring your team understands their own roles and responsibilities. In addition, you’ll mentor and line manage your team.
In particular, you’ll:
- Collaborate with the Head of Product to take responsibility for the quality and focus of design led thinking and delivery; take ownership and lead UX/CX within Move.
- Take day-to-day responsibility for UX activities across User Research, Interaction Design, Information Architecture, Customer Experience Mapping and Service Design. Ensuring UX delivery to hands-on production by:
- Evaluating user needs, preferences and performance by conducting usability tests, user interviews, expert reviews and surveys.
- Analysing research and distilling the results into compelling materials such as task models, experience maps, customer service blueprints and design deliverables.
- Eliciting stakeholder feedback and buy-in, for instance by running workshops and interviews within the various departments.
- Documenting the user experience, for instance by creating and presenting wireframes and prototypes, user journeys, personas, information architecture, reports and other deliverables. Valuing deeply, and be skilled in, storytelling, critiquing, facilitating and presenting, to enable UX activities.
- Demonstrate great leadership skills; be measured, encouraging, good at listening and give clear direction.
- Coach, mentor and help grow the UX team to deliver a world class experience for Move.
Aim to represent MoveGB on the global UX scene. Write articles and blog, both for us and for others, engage in thoughtful, respectful discussion, and attend and speak at conferences.
Your personal qualities and experience:
You’ll have at least five years’ practical experience of delivering user experience methodology and practices, including user-centred design, in a fast moving environment.
Experience working on mobile apps and in agile teams is required.
You’ll understand that great relationships are about building a sense of trust and honesty – so you won’t be afraid to have the difficult conversations that bring about long-term success. And you’ll have the emotional intelligence to understand how to have those conversations sensitively and how to develop solutions in collaboration with diverse teams.
You’ll have great communication skills (verbal and written) – the ability to listen, and to articulate complex ideas clearly, vividly, and concisely.
You’ll demonstrate gravitas – outstanding presentation, written, verbal and persuasion skills with the ability to ‘hold the room’ and tell a compelling story.