Since 1985 Comic Relief’s mission has always remained clear – to be the disruptor for social justice and change. We’ve successfully raised awareness for the causes that help to support this vision year on year with the support of those who also believe in what we do. In order to continue to have a positive impact on the lives of people who we want to change, we need to transform, and that means starting a new chapter.
We are becoming a creative agency for a social change. An agency that is proud to be bold, confident and even at times edgy. We want to harness creativity to better effect, value our brands, embrace talent, connect globally, engage and empower many more people in our mission.
We need the best talent to ensure that we’re continuously learning, growing and inspiring. This is a new chapter for Comic Relief – come and help create the future.
Key Accountabilities / Objectives
- Responsible for understanding user needs and ensuring it is the core element of product discovery, development and delivery, you are the user champion.
- Work closely with stakeholders to understand and develop business requirements, ensuring these are fit for purpose and rigorously prioritised.
- Working closely with colleagues in the engineering, UX and design teams to create viable ideas into delightful products.
- Use your understanding of data and analytics, experience and expertise to own the product’s strategy, long-term vision and objectives.
- Participate in daily stand ups, reviews, retrospectives, demos, sprint and release planning with the product delivery team.
- Working closely with the agile coaches to ensure tickets are fed into the workflow at the appropriate time with the information required to allow development to be done.
- Developing business requirements into a backlog of user stories and work closely with the development team to build these into the sprints required to deliver the product.
- Support Product Management Practice Lead in championing the use and practice of Product Management techniques and ideas across the organisation.
- Be an ambassador for collaborative Cross-functional working both within the Technology team and across the wider organisation.
Essential Education and Skills
- Experience of digital product development in a complex and challenging business environment.
- Good understanding of the principles and processes behind effective digital product management.
- Skilled and adaptable communicator – able to flex style between coach, advisor, and challenger.
- Collaborative worker – able to work closely with leadership and other teams.
- Effective relationship builder with strong stakeholder management skills.
- Outstanding solid product management skills – ability to create viable, valuable and desirable digital products thought the use of user-centric and evidence driven product management.
- Curious and creative thinker – to create a learning organisation committed to continuous improvement and always striving to do things better.
Salary band = £41,000 – £45,000.