- Chameleon is SaaS for product teams to create in-product UX (modals, banners, checklists, microsurveys etc.) to drive user engagement. Watch a short demo here.
- We’re a remote-first, Series A, VC-backed startup and currently ~30 folks distributed across the Americas and Europe.
- Our application process is different to others — we think interviewing isn’t the best way for either party to assess fit, so we try to resemble working together and collaborating.
- Seeking our first Product Manager; someone with 3+ years of SaaS PM experience living in Americas/Europe, doing individual contributor work in close collaboration with our founders
Why join us now?
- This is now the best time to join Chameleon: you’d be joining a team that has found its groove and is excited about scaling, and a product that has customer love but with tons of potential to transform how SaaS works.
- Our customers (read case studies here) find a lot of value in what we offer, and we have a lot of ideas on what else we can build to make UX easier, more engaging, and more personal.
- We’re a team of ~30 and so every person has a significant and material impact on our company’s trajectory and culture. We want to hire people who want to be the best, who learn and iterate quickly, who are humble and looking to grow, and who are friendly and caring.
What your day-to-day might include
- Joining customer meetings (we use Zoom) to learn about their pain points and needs
- Managing our product feedback backlog and identifying priorities (we use Trello/Notion)
- Collaborating with Pulkit and Brian to define the medium-term product roadmap
- Managing the feature delivery lifecycle
- Transforming the roadmap into specific user stories for designers
- Reviewing designs (we use Figma) and giving feedback
- Translating design stories into an engineering story specs (we use Trello)
- Testing delivered stories
- Helping resolve any blockers or slowdowns by coordinating engineering, design
- Running beta/early adopter programs with customers (we use Google Docs, Airtable)
- Quantitative analysis of product usage and engagement (we use Segment + Mixpanel)
- Getting feedback from customers (via calls, surveys, tickets etc.) (we use Chameleon for collecting microsurvey responses and Calendly for scheduling, Intercom for support)
- Doing product and market research (e.g. how competitors are solving these problems)
- Helping write feature announcement notes and update help docs (we use Chameleon, Intercom, and a CMS called Statamic for our site)
Skills and experience that will aid success in this role
- 3+ years as a full-time product manager at a SaaS company
- 1+ years of startup (<50 employees) experience
- Strong UX sense / design eye and familiarity with common SaaS patterns
- Enjoy writing spec docs or help articles to explain functionality
- Great at managing multiple threads of work
- Strong organization and time-management skills
- Builder/owner mindset (independent, comfortable with ambiguity)
- You have a fully functioning workstation and a quiet place to work (and take calls) with a high-speed internet connection
- You are in an Americas or European timezone (i.e. PST to CET; If you are not living in this timezone we cannot consider you, regardless of your interest or willingness to work within these hours
- This will be your full-time job
- Fluency (written and verbal) in English
Key benefits for this role
- Competitive salary and early-stage equity.
- High quality standards, regular feedback, and opportunities to help you grow quickly
- Flexible work hours and open vacation policy
- New Macbook and $1000 budget for home office equipment
- Allowance for books and other personal learning resources
- Allowance for mindfulness/meditation app subscription
- Work with some of the best product people in the world as customers
- Fully-paid international team retreats
What to expect from the hiring process
Each person that joins our team leaves a major impact on our product, culture, and trajectory. Our hiring process is designed to give you a taste of working at Chameleon as a Product Manager!
- Application: This won’t look like others; we aim to make it engaging and resemble the job. It will also mean we can make the process quicker — our goal is 2 weeks chat to project.
- Introductory chat: To answer your questions and get to know each other!
- Take-home exercise: A short 2-3 hour exercise where you can demonstrate some key skills; it’s really important to us that we both evaluate working with each other (and not just talking to each other)
- Debrief: Chance to talk through the exercise, and dive deeper into the PM work at Chameleon
- References: To get a 360 view of your skills and qualities
- Offer!: If we all enjoy working together and make good progress on the exercise we’ll be in a position to make you a full-time offer.
Chameleons are all different and uniquely beautiful. They change and aren’t required to associate or identify with any specific labels. We welcome the chance to get to know you and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team that consists of a variety of backgrounds, cultures, languages, experiences, preferences, and characteristics. That’s what helps us all grow and evolve.