What is the role?
We’re looking for a brilliant, collaborative, and hands-on Head of Product. The role will be responsible for developing and executing on our product roadmap in close collaboration with the Founders and supported by the broader team. You will play a key role in refining the vision for the service and turning that vision into actionable strategies for external and internal product extensions across both our UK B2C and recently launched international B2B white label business. You’ll oversee the execution of those products and strategies.
Who are we?
Hi, we’re StepLadder – a fast growing and award-winning fintech company pioneering collaborative finance. Through our collaborative savings circles we are supporting people to buy their first home faster, reach their financial goals, and championing financial wellbeing. Read more about what we do here.
Our current team of 10 brings wisdom, creativity and energy from around the world, and believes in collaboration, seeing things differently and making a difference. We inspire, support, educate and empower our Members and that’s also what we do for the team here at StepLadder.
We were founded by Matthew Addison and Lucy Mullins in 2016 and we are backed by leading funds and angels including Anthemis, Seedcamp, and Zinc. We’ve been featured in many national publications including The Sunday Times, The Telegraph and The Guardian and won a number of awards for innovation and social impact.
Your typical day-to-day will include:
- Masterplan roadmap for next stage of business growth for both B2C and white label proposition.
- Define and prioritise product developments and enhancements aligned with the company’s vision & strategy
- Operationalise and build product capability at StepLadder
- Design smooth and seamless integration experience for StepLadder’s B2B customers on the platform
- Running product experiments and using data and customer feedback to evaluate hypotheses for growing our B2C business
- Lead sprints to design and build new solutions and extensions around our unique core collaborative financial offering
Your skills and experience
- Experienced Product Manager or Lead with 5+ years of Product experience. Working in a Fintech / regulated business would be a significant advantage
- Track record of building new products from scratch. Early start-up experience is a plus
- Demonstrated track record of working with current and emerging trends in API and web application development
- Adept with every aspect of the development lifecycle – from ideation and scoping of user requirements, through delivery and testing. Working in multi-regional distributed product teams would be a plus.
- Display competence and creativity in technical discussions and collaborating with developers
- Highly numerate. Previous experience with consumer or other financial products is a significant plus
- Skilled at writing clear and succinct product requirements
- Conversant in data languages and databases, especially NonSQL/Mongo DB
Your way of working
- Data-driven – you leverage metrics to make (and measure) decisions on an everyday basis
- Strategic thinker: ability to translate complex concepts, problems, and long-term strategies into simple terms, solutions and bite-sized goals.
- Excellent, highly organized project manager. Experience of managing B2B product integrations is a significant plus.
- Excited to help us make StepLadder the global category leader for collaborative finance
- A passion for financial wellbeing, helping people achieve their goals and generally improving people’s lives.
Your personal attributes
- You are excited to work in a high impact and fast-paced environment
- You are obsessed with making life better for our customers
- You focus on impact and results
- You combine exceptional ability with intellectual curiosity and humility
- You are resourceful and have the drive to solve hard, ambiguous problems
- You want to excel as part of a high performance team and leave your mark
- You value autonomy but can collaborate very well
- You never compromise your integrity
- You relish the challenge of being scrappy and efficient with limited resources
How we will reward you
We believe in the importance of collaboration and family, and therefore have a flexible and inclusive working environment and hours. We are based at Barclays Rise in Shoreditch, a modern and vibrant office space which is also the leading fintech co-working space in Europe. As well as a fabulous team of colleagues you will benefit from:
- Competitive salary (£80,000 – £100,000) and stock options – we believe you should own what you help create
- Professional coaching to support your personal and professional development
- Flexibility to choose your working environment and hours
Support and deals with any home-buying services e.g. mortgage, solicitor, surveyor, insurance etc.
- Pension contributions
- Fee-free membership of StepLadder Circles to help you reach your own financial goals
- Regular team socials and activities
- Barclays’ Rise fitness, social and community events including 5-a-side football, yoga, podcast room, and guest speakers
- Dog-friendly workplace
Excited about our mission and this role?
If so drop us a line with your CV and a link to your LinkedIn profile to email@example.com