Regal Rexnord Corporation (RRX) is approximately a $5B publicly traded global manufacturer of electric motors and controls, electrical components and power transmission products serving customers around the world in the general industrial, consumer, commercial construction, food & beverage, and alternative energy end markets, among others. Regal Rexnord sells its products and solutions to OEMs, through distributors, and directly to end-users. The company has approximately 29,000 global associates with significant operations in the US, Mexico, Europe, China, and India. Regal Rexnord Corporation is the result of a merger between Regal Beloit Corporation and Rexnord’s PMC business which was completed in 2021. The headquarters for Regal Rexnord is located in Beloit, WI with an executive satellite office in Rosemont, IL.
You may not know it, but Regal Rexnord impacts your life every day. Our products enable the fans in HVAC systems that keep us comfortable; the power source that keeps smart buildings running; the agricultural and food service equipment that keeps us fed; and the conveyer systems that keep e-commerce flowing. Our business purpose is to create a better tomorrow by energy-efficiently converting power into motion. For us, this means creating innovative solutions while focused on both customer needs and our commitment to sustainability. Join our team to create your better tomorrow. Regal Rexnord is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ancestry, national origin, marital status, citizenship status (unless required by the applicable law or government contract), disability or protected veteran status or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Regal is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce
About the Director of Product Management role:
The Director of Product Management has global responsibility for the development and execution of product line roadmaps that enable sustainable differentiation for the business while ensuring a balanced portfolio of investments in core products through the identification of new product development in top 20% of customers or markets. This position requires close collaboration with cross-functional product development teams, sales teams, commercial teams, and business leadership. In addition, this role is responsible for developing a team of product manager(s) who thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and are driven to excel and perform at their highest potential. He/ she will be responsible for driving activities and decisions focused on maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction and growing market share through innovation.
- Manage the entire life cycle of all product lines within the business from strategic planning, product definition, tactical launch activities and end of life.
- Operate as the internal voice of our customers across development teams, (primarily Engineering, Sales and Marketing) through an understanding of market requirements, product definition, training and launch activities.
- Lead and mentor multiple direct reports (product managers & project managers) to be responsible for product simplification/ growth and voice of customer/ innovation.
- Develop and implement cohesive short and long term product line roadmaps.
- Coordinate and lead the on-going Innovation/ VOC exercises. Combining this information with a business case analysis to define business requirements and the product’s value proposition.
- Assesses product market data by calling on customers with field sellers and evaluating sales call results.
- Develop core messaging and positioning for all products within the business based on the established value proposition.
- Develops product pricing strategies and manages the team to drive maximum profit and sales.
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company’s product to competitors’ products.
- Collaborate with other business unit Product Managers to develop effective divisional product line development opportunities.
- Prepares and coaches product team on application information, product initiatives, 80/20 and profitability equations.
- Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering, sales, marketing and manufacturing.
- Analyze potential partner relationships that can either enhance current offerings or fill necessary gaps in offerings.
- Leverage 80/20 and continuous improvement in all aspects of product management, decision making and actively participate in on-going projects that maximize overall organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements, appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
- Consolidate divisional annual sales plans for all products, promotional and advertising efforts, and other meaningful data.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related technical field and/or Engineering with approximately 5+ years of marketing, product management and/or sales experience in a manufacturing company environment.
- Advanced technical or business-related degree is an advantage.
- Must have in-depth understanding of, or experience in, highly concentrated global OEMs, and Distribution sales.
- Must have a passion for technology, innovation, and customer engagement.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities independently.
- Demonstrated experience building and leading a product management team.
- Familiarity and experience with stage-gate NPD and portfolio management processes.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel / Word / Power Point) and CRM (i.e. SalesForce.com or Microsoft)
- Willingness to travel (15-20% of time), consisting of customer visits and exchange visits, primarily in North America with periodic international travel as needed.
- A personable, enthusiastic and engaging personality.
- Ambitious and demonstrates initiative.
- Above average verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to get along with others.
- Can effectively function in a matrix and team environment.
After reviewing the job description listed above, I encourage you to apply via Regal Rexnord’s careers site here: https://bit.ly/3e45Lwc