PatSnap (backed by Sequoia) is the world’s leading Intellectual Property Analytics and Management platform that empowers senior business leaders to accelerate growth through Innovation and R&D. IP and patent strategy is now a major board level priority – our product solves a real and growing problem globally. Our differentiation is the reason behind the company’s exponential growth.
Our market is limitless because patent strategy is relevant to all businesses ranging from NASA to PepsiCo.
PatSnap now employs over 900 people worldwide with offices in London, China, Singapore, and Los Angeles, and is doubling year-on-year.
Patsnap’s design approach
- User-centricity — Design starts with research, not mockups.
- The Double Diamond — Problem before solution. Expand and narrow.
- Collaborative design — Design solutions come from everyone.
Overview of the role
- You will contribute strategic thinking around product direction and vision. Defining not just how things work, but what we should be building.
- You will be a sounding board, and a mentor to other members of the design team.
- You will be one of the three legs in the trifecta of a product team, utilizing your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills:
- Partner closely with engineering, product and business to become and expert of the product and find elegant and practical design solutions— whether from you, your team or otherwise, you will create the space to collaborate.
- Let the users lead your decisions. Empower your team to be hands-on with user research. Be curious and thoughtful about users’ needs and constantly look for user validation either through hands-on research, or by designing an A/B test.
- Know when to optimize for quick-and-dirty, versus painstakingly delightful. Support the team in delivering their efforts into the hands of our customers.
- Be a master at communicating your solutions, and the thinking behind them, in and outside of your team. But especially to your engineering team in China.
- You have 5+ years experience as a product designer
- Ability to synthesise data and research to create user flows, wireframes, information architecture and polished UI screens. You are well versed in data-driven experimentation and validation.
- Confident communication skills that empower you to present to stakeholders and articulate complex ideas and design decisions.
- Previous experience mentoring and leading other designers to create their own delightful design solutions.
- Have a solid understand of web frameworks, design systems and how to define design specs.
- You’ve shipped many mature products and have a strong portfolio to demonstrate your impact as a designer which you can share with us online or via PDF.
- Experience designing B2B, enterprise or SaaS products.
- Previous collaborations with remote/international/China teams.
- Experience designing for groups of people (international audiences, multi-language localization etc)
What we offer
The opportunity and autonomy to reinvent, and change the course of a successful, matured product. To shape PatSnap’s future, and the future of how R&D is done — a space that, ironically, hasn’t seen much innovation.
PatSnap’s mission is to help companies accelerate innovation. We serve R&D teams that work on everything from sending us to Mars, discovering life-saving drugs, thrilling us with F1 cars, and sustaining us with preserved foods.
Besides being one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies (backed by Sequoia, Summit Partners, and Xiaomi’s founder), we’re particularly proud of our multi-cultural, East-meets-West DNA.
We’re about diversity. We’re also about providing opportunities for do-ers and learners, whilst at the same time, making sure we listen to the been-there-done-that’s.
We hold our values strongly:-
- Integrity without compromise
- Self-learning & practitioner mindset
- Dare to dream big and make mistakes
- Teamwork and sharing
- Radical candor with courage