PatSnap (backed by Sequoia) is the world’s leading Intellectual Property Analytics and Management platform that empowers senior business leaders to accelerate growth through Innovation and R&D. IP and patent strategy is now a major board level priority – our product solves a real and growing problem globally. Our differentiation is the reason behind the company’s exponential growth.
Our market is limitless because patent strategy is relevant to all businesses ranging from NASA to PepsiCo.
PatSnap now employs over 900 people worldwide with offices in London, China, Singapore, and Los Angeles, and is doubling year-on-year.
Patsnap’s design approach
- User-centricity — Design starts with research, not mockups.
- The Double Diamond — Problem before solution. Expand and narrow.
- Collaborative design — Design solutions come from everyone.
Overview of the role
- Pioneer a global research program that will tap into extraordinary R&D businesses ranging from NASA to PepsiCo.
- Be the driving force of user research by identifying research needs on the teams, planning, defining, conducting and reporting findings of all conducted research.
- Manage a program of research ranging from formative to evaluative, from ethnography to experimentation and be the catalyst of a hybrid research approach covering qualitative and quantitative insights.
- Develop methodologies and practices that can be implemented by UX researchers in London and China, whilst also developing a self service model for our product managers, designers and engineers who should be empowered to conduct user research themselves.
- Work closely with data to synthesise both the quantitative data with the qualitative data to form strong hypothesis for design, research and engineering.
- Synthesise user data and research into usable and actionable artifacts, working with designers/product-managers/engineers to ensure that user data and research findings are incorporated into design and implementation.