The Product Marketing Manager bridges the gap between the technical and go-to-market aspects of product management for our offerings related to the CIS Benchmarks and CIS Controls. This is a cross-functional role that collaborates with related Product Managers/Owners, Marketing, Communications, Sales/Member Success, and more. You’ll play a part in a continuous process of sharing inputs and data with the product teams to aid in product development and our product strategy. You’ll also support launches/releases and help bring our offerings to market.
The Center for Internet Security (CIS) makes the connected world a safer place for people, businesses, and governments through our core competencies of collaboration and innovation. We are a community-driven nonprofit responsible for industry leading best practices for securing IT systems and data. We lead a global community of IT professionals to continuously evolve these standards and provide products and services to proactively safeguard against emerging threats.
What You’ll Do:
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of cybersecurity markets and trends (industry, social economic and political, legal and regulatory, customers, competitors, etc.)
- Conduct market research (primary/secondary) and provide analysis to stakeholders
- Develop and maintain competitive intelligence, identifying the alternatives that exist within the market, the relative strengths and weaknesses of each, and points of differentiation
- Lead research and reporting of addressable market, market share, and growth projections
- Collaborate with Product Managers to track KPIs, monitor product performance, and conduct voice of customer research, leveraging these insights to inform our strategy
- Maintain and expand market segments, user personas, and ideal user/customer profiles
- Develop clear and crisp positioning that will guide messaging, including well-articulated differentiation that ties back to value
- Coordinate with campaign and partner marketing teams to develop go-to-market strategies to bring products to market
- Enable direct and indirect (partner) sales and customer support teams with training and materials
- Persuade and engage with various audiences by demonstrating solid communication skills in both written and presentation form, including becoming a reputable spokesperson
- Travel to events as needed
- Other duties as assigned
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as Technology, Engineering, Business Management, or Marketing*
- 5+ years of product marketing experience, or product management with emphasis on B2B go-to-market strategies, with demonstrable impact on business outcomes
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills including written, verbal, and formal presentations
- Ability to not only consume technical, financial, and business documentation fluidly and quickly, but also retain and articulate information based on research
- Ability to associate and articulate the impact of technical capabilities on customer value and outcomes
- Strong facilitation skills to achieve alignment and clear decision making
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and perform under pressure
- Strong project management and change management skills
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
It’s a Plus if You Have:
- Experience in cybersecurity or technology
- Expertise with CRM and/or marketing automation tools
- Project management experience or certification
*Additional years of relevant experience or a combination of an Associate’s degree or equivalent and relevant experience may be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree.
At CIS, we are committed to providing an inclusive environment in which the diverse backgrounds, experiences, and views of our employees, members, and customers are valued and respected. It is through this commitment that we are able to work together towards our common mission: to make the connected world a safer place.