About Hippo Video:
Hippo Video is an interactive video platform with a mission to transform the way businesses connect using videos. Headquartered in Newark, Delaware, we have offices across the United States of America, Abu Dhabi, and India.
As a fast-growing SaaS company, we firmly believe that the secret to success lies in our culture of being agile, fearless to push boundaries, and learning by doing – all while having loads of fun.
We empower employees by handing them the reins when they want to tap into their passion & solve business problems, provide opportunities to voice their opinions, and wear multiple hats by collaborating across teams. If you’re someone who is driven, passionate, and eager to be part of a dynamic environment, then join us right away.
Since our launch, Hippo Video has acquired over 1.5 million users globally and is growing at 200% YOY. We have been a consistent leader in the video SaaS space in G2 across categories and are backed by leading investors including Sequoia (Surge), AWI, Exfinity, and KAE.
- Collaborate with the Engineering and Product teams to distill requirements and bring them to life as information architecture, interactive wireframes, and high-fidelity prototypes, for web, mobile, and desktop apps.
- Identify missed opportunities in the product, track goals, and ship to learn.
- Identify metrics and data that can support decision-making.
- Be the voice in the room that always puts the user first—constantly looking for ways to accomplish business objectives through experiences that are delightful and meaningful for the users.
- Conduct user interviews and remote user testing.
- Translate quantitative data and qualitative insights into creative ideas and informed design decisions.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to share new design perspectives and ideas.
- Creating personas, user flows, sketches, and information architectures to guide design decisions.
- Drive a high level of visual fidelity across products. Pay high level of attention to details in design.
- Provide and solicit actionable feedback to move designs forward.
- Evaluate shipped work across multiple releases, perform continuous discovery and experimentation, and craft improvements. Regular review of usage data to analyze user behavior and pain points. Can leverage quantitative data to inform your design decisions.
- Have past experience designing experiments to drive learnings or evaluating designs through A/B testing.
- Systems thinking and experience building robust Design Systems and components in Figma or Adobe XD.
- Can communicate and defend your design decisions, but also have the humility to acknowledge feedback and make changes when required.
- Effectively organize and communicate your thoughts to teammates and across the organization.
- Keep up to date with the latest UX practices, innovations, and tools
- Help to train and support junior team members.
- 5-10 years of proven work experience as a Product/UI/UX Designer or similar role with at least 3 years of working experience on a SaaS product.
- Bachelors/Masters Degree in design, certification in UX, or relevant qualification.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating user-centered design approach, problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and solutions for web and mobile applications.
- Strong desire to see how Designers can support the company’s goals, team initiatives, and the broader product vision
- Proficiency with Figma (our primary design tool) or the ability to adapt to it.
- Self-motivated, able to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project deadlines.
- Team player, willing to help and share knowledge with team members, open to feedback and constructive criticism.
- Should have good visual design skills, and a passion for high-quality fit and finish. Should have worked with design systems to produce beautiful and functional designs that scale.