Reporting to: Founder
Hours: Full time
Contract type: Permanent
Salary range: £50-60k/annum (depending on experience) + equity
Start Date: Oct/Nov 2022
About The Seam
The Seam is making fashion circular through an integrated and scalable clothing alterations and repair platform. Supporting some of the biggest global fashion brands and retailers, their innovative platform and vast community of specialist, independent Makers (tailors, cobblers, seamstress) ensures that tailoring and repair services are accessible to all.
They are looking for an experienced Product Manager to take the tech platform to the next level, bringing innovative experiences to life for customers, brands and Makers.
About the role
As Product Manager you will manage day to day operations across the new WebApp. This is a great opportunity to work on an early-stage product as The Seam revolutionises the traditional clothes tailoring and repair experience. You will lead the process working hand-in-hand with the Founder.
What you’ll do:
- Own the build of the new Customer and Maker facing product, with the support of a full tech team.
- Evolve an understanding of users’ needs by leveraging research, various types of testing and prototyping, engagement data, and innovative thinking.
- Lead product development end-to-end, including defining desired outcomes and requirements, building the product roadmap, and driving cross-functional execution as part of our product team.
- Own product launches and releases, by defining what success looks like, monitoring performance, and iterating quickly as needed.
- Lead an iterative development cycle based on user-centred continuous improvement.
- Become a champion of your product and align key stakeholders around your vision.
Who you are:
- 4+ years of experience working in a product management role
- Recent experience mainly in a startup or scaleup environment
- Experience building and shipping B2C/B2B products and B2B integrations
- Experience in user-centred product development and setting up processes and analysis to inform product decisions
- Ability to turn complex or ambiguous problem statements into solid action plans
- Ability to execute on feature requests while still carving out time to prioritise higher-impact projects that drive greater business success
- Fast-moving and innately curious – driven to quickly learn, iterate, and improve
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, especially the ability to synthesise information into key takeaways
- Experience managing various stakeholders and partnerships
- London based
- Right to work in the UK (visas not currently supported)
- Commitment towards advancing representation and inclusion in and outside the workplace
- BONUS: Experience with marketplace platforms or similar
- BONUS: Experience in fashion and/or creative businesses
In return you’ll get:
- Work with a warm and motivated team where human-to-human processes are as valuable as technology provision and software development.
- Opportunity to significantly impact the course of the sustainable circular fashion products landscape.
- Great potential for professional development, learning and growth.
- The Seam advocates a healthy work/life balance, offering unlimited holiday and flexible working.
- Remote-first working style, with 1-2 days per week in person in London.
The Seam is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and aims to be an equal opportunities employer. We are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organisation. The Seam makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.