Vitally is looking for an exceptional product designer to lead all aspects of our platform’s design – UI, UX, and graphics. In this role, you’ll work directly with the CEO, our Product Manager, and the engineering team to create world-class designs that help set our product apart from our competition. You’ll listen to ideas, contribute your own, talk with customers, and dig through data to create product designs that our engineers will turn into a reality.
Vitally is a powerful platform, with capabilities that include reporting and analytics, workflow creation, project management, and more. Thus, this role will require design ranging from straightforward UIs to heavier, more complex data visualizations, and everything in between.
Who you are:
- You are an extremely talented UI designer with a strong eye for great UX.
- You know that design that looks pretty isn’t enough – it also has to be practical and enjoyable to use when turned into a working product.
- You are creative, yet controlled. Sometimes simple, straightforward design is the best way to go. Other times, straying from the beaten path and designing a product in unique ways is the better.
- You have experience designing more complicated products. Ideally, you’ve helped design analytics-heavy platforms.
- You keep track of modern design tools/trends and work out of products like Figma.
- You are a little technical.
- You have a strong grasp of how an engineer would create your designs.
- You are opinionated about design.
- You abide by design patterns, and style guides, and ideally help create them.
- At least 3 years of product design experience with SaaS products. Ideally, you’ve helped design more complicated platforms, and have experience with similar B2B-focused products as Vitally.
- Ability to lead customer interviews and share your findings with the Product and Engineering teams, as well as the organization at large.
- Proven track record of collaborating closely with engineering teams and contributing with fast delivery and short feedback cycles.
- You have an end goal, and can work iteratively to get there.
- You are data-driven. You experiment, learn from it, iterate.
- United States or Canada based
- Salary: We offer a competitive salary given both your experience and your location (remote is totally fine)
- Equity: We want every team member invested in the company’s success and are happy to be generous with equity.
- Benefits: Health, dental, and vision insurance; commuter benefits; unlimited PTO; flexible work hours and work-from-home policy (we all work from home every Wednesday). We’ll also ensure your work environment meets your standards (i.e. laptop, monitor, etc).
- Culture: We are committed to a productive and respectful work environment. Culturally, the team is extremely friendly, fun, hard-working, intelligent, and mature. That said, while we’re young and scrappy as a team, we don’t believe in building a fraternity or startup cult. We like each other, we support each other, we bust our asses at work, and we enjoy hanging out outside it from time to time – but we also value having our own lives outside the office.
- Team + tech: You seriously won’t find another team out there that outperforms us, so get ready to put your name on a ton of future work here! Our tech stack is handcrafted for extremely rapid, but stable, development – we ship fast, performant, quality code frequently.