We are looking for you 🙂
We are hiring our very first UI/UX Designer who will be responsible for the user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) design of the Talent Acceleration Platform (TAP). You will ensure that all elements of the online user experience are optimized for improved usability, usefulness, and exceptional visual design.
TAP (Talent Acceleration Platform) is a Dutch-Palestinian edtech and career acceleration platform designed to unlock remote job opportunities for youth in MENA.
Unemployment is a growing threat to development and peace in the MENA region. Current estimates suggest that “the number of job seekers (in the Arab World) will top 39 million over the next decade.” Massive amounts of talented and educated youth lack opportunities locally and end up jobless or in unsatisfying jobs. At the same time, there are hundreds of thousands of talent shortages in the tech industry in Europe (software engineering, data, product, B2B sales, etc.). Why aren’t we bridging the gap? The typical answers are: it’s too expensive, education can’t be fixed, and companies don’t care about faraway talent.
While being mentored by industry experts, TAP participants enhance and deepen market-relevant digital skills and improve their power skills, before they are connected with international employers to work remotely.
We are on our way to train our 100th participant and showing great traction and results, with over 80% placement rate and a fast- growing partner network.
Thanks to our traction and impact, we have secured a seed investment and are looking for our first-ever full-time UI/UX Designer to lead our design efforts as we prepare for our Series A round.
TAP is a B-certified Corporation and is named one of the top 5% B corps of years 2021 and 2022. TAP pioneered the evergreen fund for education with direct support from Sir Ronald Cohen’s think tank, The Portland Trust.
The job includes (but is not limited to):
- Gathering and evaluating user requirements, in collaboration with the product manager and engineering team
- Illustrating design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Designing graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Developing UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
- Creating graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Identifying and troubleshooting UX problems
- Conducting layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Producing content for our online presence, such as social media platforms, that adhere to the brand guidelines and attract users to our platform