Maternova is a woman-owned mission-driven startup focused on global women’s health at the forefront of the impact startup space. We accelerate the commercialization process for life-saving maternal and newborn health devices and diagnostics, prioritizing emerging markets.
Maternova is growing rapidly and are looking for a Director of Product who will be a champion of our customer experience, coordinating closely with our design and engineering teams to create amazing products on iOS, Android and the web. This will carry through all phases of the product, including ideation, design, development, testing, rollout and ongoing support of products live in market.
The Director of Product will initially report directly to the CEO with opportunity to grow our product management team over time. Providence or Boston are preferred as a location, but we will consider fully-remote employees as well, with East Coast time zone preferred.
You have experience strong experience working in Shopify and other ecommerce platforms; proficiency in managing agile software development environments, preferably with fast and frequent software release cycles. You will also:
· Manage web and mobile development products through the full life-cycle
· Create product features that are engaging and drive meaningful action
· Work closely with design and engineering on a daily basis
· Write concise product specifications that are ready to develop by engineering
· Collaborate with design to develop wireframes and mockups that are build-ready
· Do full QA on all projects before release, being intimately aware of all product features
· Track product analytics and reporting to measure results
· Collaborate with design/usability in user research and usability testing
· Work closely with growth teams to drive product adoption and engagement
· Stay in tune with our competitors and how the overall market is evolving
· Stay aware of the latest trends in mobile and web B2B product
· Minimum of 5 years experience in consumer-facing product management
· Bachelors degree, technical background preferred
· Bilingual in Spanish preferred, other languages welcome
· Startup experience is strongly preferred but not mandatory
· Experience with responsive web, mobile-first, preferred
· User-obsessed and relentlessly thinking about user needs
· Highly detail-oriented with analytical skills required (Google Analytics, Amplitude, etc)
· Able to communicate with many different types of stakeholders, both technical and non-technical, including the executive team
· Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of international affairs, SDGs and gender issues
You are unequivocably committed to gender equality, equity and women’s health including reproductive health, interested in being part of a creative, pathbreaking team seeking financial and social returns.
Maternova is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.