Empatico, an initiative of The KIND Foundation, is a free web-based tool for teachers to connect their students to classrooms around the world using seamless video conferencing technology. Empatico leverages technology to take kids out of their bubbles, give them an opportunity to tell their stories, and learn with and from other kids.
We want an overwhelming majority of children across the world to be part of this journey of understanding – to see what’s beyond their communities and how kids in other parts of the world think. We want kids to adopt a sense of responsibility to other human beings. This should not only help them understand how to prevent conflict, and how to develop critical listening skills that will come handy in their own lives but also to positively cement the areas of their own identity that they can be proud of. It should also help a new generation of leaders recognize our shared responsibility to solve society’s biggest challenges.
We are looking for a Product Manager who will work across our Design, Engineering, Program, and Business Development teams to develop, prioritize, and execute on product roadmaps. The Product Manager will be responsible for assessing product opportunities, defining requirements, and getting the product built, tested, and delivered to market.
- Deliver an incredible experience for students and teachers by advocating for the “voice of the customer.” Lead development of features through the definitional stages, to ensure that we’re working to solve the right user problems. Conduct user interviews, usability testing, and observations.
- Identify product opportunities and execute on product strategy, taking into consideration organizational objectives, market landscape, and resource constraints.
- Drive data collection process and synthesize insights into a clear articulation of user needs and wants, derived from a variety of sources, including survey data, qualitative research, industry analysis and benchmarking, teacher interviews, and analytics.
- Prioritize and manage the backlog, working with internal team members to quantify the benefits and prioritize these items.
- Define go-to-market strategy and execute a plan to acquire target users and competitively position product in the edtech space.
- Own accountability for the ultimate execution of product launches, working cross-functionally to ensure that the solution that is built delivers against the defined problem and goals
- Prepare and give reports/reviews to the senior leadership team regarding progress and roadblocks, and action plans.
- Manage (2) program team members
- Collaborate with education partners and program team to inform the design and delivery of content (teacher lesson plans and resources) on the platform. Ensure highest quality content is delivered to users by leveraging education standards requirements globally.
- Work with research associate to incorporate child development research into content
- Articulate technical constraints and requirements of the platform to content development team.
- Set clear goals and metrics that can measure the effectiveness of content.
- Build a collaborative working relationship with Empatico partners, the KIND Foundation, school administrators, peer non-profit organizations, education technology companies, etc.
- As the main point of contact with law firm, oversee the product’s adherence to privacy policies, regulations, and other legal requirements
- Proactively identify legal risks and work collaboratively with legal team to find solutions