We envision a place where shopping becomes part of a holistic experience, centered around more livable cities, inspiring content and effortless delivery.
We call this place ARIVE.
If you want to change x-commerce forever and make the most of your time working together with an international and motivated team, then you are just at the right place: Join us now!
As Lead Product Designer at ARIVE, you’ll be owning our design vision and playing a key role in shaping an elevated shopping experience for our customers.
You and your team will design ARIVE’s mobile and web applications and influence the product direction based on an holistic understanding of our user’s needs. You’ll shape the design standard for ARIVE with your strong visual design skills and ensure that we differentiate ourselves from any other ecommerce shop. On top, you act as an advocate for our users and help to develop more empathy for them in our teams.
As the manager of our (still small) design team you will have direct exposure to C-levels and working with a cross-functional team of product managers, engineers and subject matter experts.
You are a good fit for this role if you can have a strong visual language and a passion for highly usable experiences; even for complex user scenarios. As part of our small design team, you must be hands-on but also able to implement research and design best practices.
- Design our customer facing applications (app and web), guiding our teams through all phases of design, from research and definition to implementation and optimisation
- Own the longer term design system, visual language, and design principles for our products
- Talk to our customers and translate their pain points and needs into viable solutions
- Partner closely with product managers, engineers and subject matter experts in the business to discover and deliver the best possible solutions
- Take a user centric design approach and rapidly test and iterate from low-fidelity wireframes to full-fidelity, pixel-ready designs
- Build out the design team, coach and guide your team members, and establish solid design processes; including user research
- You have several years of experience in defining UX/UI for digital products with measurable impact.
- You have experience running research with users; consumers, B2B partners and internal users to identify and validate opportunities
- You have a strong sense of ownership and like to have a high degree of responsibility
- You appreciate speed and iteration in order to collect feedback early and learn fast
- You’re fluent in English
We have implemented a hiring process that helps us to assess your core skills while being also mindful of your time. The whole process will take you less than 5 hours to complete:
- Application review
- Interview with Rap (People Team Lead)
- Interview with hiring manager Armin (VP Tech)
- Panel (all in half day day)
- Technical interview with a Designer
- Cross functional interview with Product
- Cross functional interview with Engineering
- Leadership interview with co-founder
- Hybrid working and flexible working hours combined with an excellent target salary, including VSOP
- A steep learning curve in a dynamic startup environment that acknowledges great UX as an advantage; including the opportunity to become our new Head of Design
- Unique team spirit, international team structures and flat org chart
- An office in the center of Berlin (Prenzlauer Berg) to foster meaningful connections with colleagues and host events
- Subsidies for public transport tickets, Urban Sports Club as well as access to ARIVE vouchers and products of our premium brands
- Are you interested in joining ARIVE?
Apply online with your resume. Our People Team Lead Rap Paulavicius and our VP Product Armin Krahl are looking forward to your application!
At ARIVE, we represent inclusion, diversity and equal opportunity. We believe that everyone should be treated equally regardless of gender, colour, race, age, religion, origin, nationality, appearance, language, culture, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or physical or mental disability. In our international and multicultural team we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.