Knife & Fork Media is a London-based hospitality media business that owns CODE Hospitality and The Good Food Guide.
CODE Hospitality (CODE) is a digital membership network for the hospitality industry in the UK with offers, perks, editorial and events. We have a network of more than 50,000 people working in and with hospitality. We endeavour to champion the industry in everything we do.
The Good Food Guide (GFG) is a consumer-facing publication, founded in 1951. Every year the Guide reviews the best restaurants, pubs and cafés across Great Britain combining a network of reader feedback with anonymous expert inspections. We launched a digital subscription-based guide as part of the new The Good Food Guide Club in June 2022.
We are looking for an experienced product manager who will lead Knife and Fork Media’s digital growth plans and work closely with the leadership team to shape the future of the business. This is a new role, reporting directly to the COO.
The product manager will be responsible for managing the day-to-day digital landscape at Knife & Fork Media (CODE and GFG), comprising our websites – which serve as content hubs, subscription management platforms and marketing tools for our B2C and B2B offerings – and apps – through which members can access industry-exclusive offers (CODE) and restaurant reviews (GFG). We currently work with three external agencies on the development, support and maintenance of the website and app. The product manager will lead, develop, and evolve these relationships.
The product manager will be responsible for:
- Shaping the future of our products – defining the vision and implementing a clear strategy to meet business goals and user needs, with objectives and measurable key results.
- Prioritising solutions and opportunities – taking a data-driven approach to prioritise work streams and make decisions whilst managing the development budget.
- Project management – ensuring requirements are clearly defined, prioritised, and delivered on time, working closely with development teams and internal teams.
- User research – engaging directly with members and partners to build an understanding of what makes a great experience for members and partners, and how we can improve it.
- Developing subscriber lifecycle programmes – analysing and optimising how members convert through the funnel (awareness > acquisition > engagement > retention).
- Analytics & reporting – ensuring key stakeholders are kept up to date with progress and compiling regular reports.
Skills and experience:
- Subscription product management – You have experience of building and developing B2C and B2B subscription products with CRM and payment integrations.
- User focus – You understand users and can identify who they are and what their needs are, based on evidence. You can translate user stories and propose design approaches or services to meet these needs.
- Product ownership – You know how to use a range of product management principles and approaches. You can capture and translate user needs into deliverables. You know how to define the minimum viable product and make decisions about priorities. You can write user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Operational management – Experience working directly with development teams across the product life cycle from design, data, development, to testing and release.
- Financial ownership – You can secure funding through a business case and can prioritise spending based on return on investment (ROI) and strategic intent.
- Agile working – You know about agile methodology and can apply an agile mindset to all aspects of your work.
- Strategic ownership – You can focus on outcomes, not solutions. You know how to get the organisation and team to buy in. You can translate the vision into prioritised deliverable goals.
- Communication – You have experience of working with senior stakeholders, communicating progress, and understanding business challenges in depth and translating technical detail to non-technical stakeholders.
- Contract: Permanent, full-time role (37.5 hours per week)
- Location: Office based (Soho, London) with option to work from home up to two days per week
- Salary: DOE
- Benefits: 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and Christmas break; birthday off; employer pension contribution; 2x charity days and 2x work in industry days per year; £100 training budget per year (opportunity for more subject to business case); cycle to work scheme; Help @ Hand (remote GP, mental health support, physio); invitations to industry dinners and events.
- Start date: ASAP