Senior Product Designer – Streaming, interactive and data
Why you should join us…
We connect with millions of people every day, make content they can’t get enough of and reflect and shape the world we live in… and we do all this through the power of creativity.
We will be a digitally led entertainment and media company that creates and brings brilliant content to audiences, wherever, whenever and however they choose.
Simply put, as a Media and Entertainment brand at heart, we are people-focussed and place a huge emphasis on innovation. Our culture is everything to us and our engineering team power the platforms for our stars on screen to shape the future.
Here at ITV we are undergoing a major digital transformation drive, across all of our platforms, including overhauling ITV Hub and BritBox – the homes of our on-demand services.
With the rapid shift in industry trends, from VOD streaming to programmatic AI and ever-changing consumer tastes, accelerating the demand for high-quality, high-volume content delivery at scale, we are looking to leverage our long-standing reputation as the largest commercial TV network in the UK in order to create a technology-first media platform that caters to an increasingly diverse worldwide audience.
We are currently looking for a Senior Product Designer to join the streaming, interactive and data team. Reporting to the Head of Product Design, you will work in a cross-functional product group whose mission is to create solid and delightful streaming experiences that meet user needs and business goals.
You will use your experience across data-driven and user-centric design, HDI, UX and UI to grow our products and services by optimising the paths that our prospect and lapsed viewers take to connect with the core value of our streaming service. A proven experience in a consumer tech product design role, and an ability to demonstrate your impact on the product’s trajectory is essential. This role will focus primarily on mobile design, however, you need to demonstrate experience in multi-platform responsive design (including web and ideally TV).
Key responsibilities of this role include:
● Initiate, define and lead product initiatives and features from concept through launch
● Work as part of a cross-functional team, leading data-led design solutions for product epics, new features, product improvements.
● Partner with Design counterparts across ITV and external partners to promote product thinking
● Lead design workshops with senior stakeholders, helping them understand how our design solutions benefit our users and the business.
● Own the full-stack design process, from design exploration to UX specs to polished UI designs to working with engineers to implement a flawless experience.
● Develop and maintain positive relationships and collaborations with Product Managers, Engineering, Research, Data, and Editorial content teams.
● Ensure quality of technical integration of internal and outsourced design deliverables.
● Create, maintain, and contribute to a design system
● Produce solutions for various devices and platforms such as web, mobile and Connected TVs
● Establish and promote, best practices, methodologies and team processes
● Mentor and support more junior member of the team
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to demonstrate the following skills:
Minimum role criteria:
● You have solid experience of user centred design processes.
● You have knowledge and experience in designing for web and mobile applications for both iOS and Android.
● You are passionate about usability and accessibility with a mission to create purposeful experiences for a diverse audience
● You have the ability to research, understand and translate user research and business requirements into effective design solutions
● You are a confident, clear communicator (both verbal and written) who can create the right narrative to share your ideas
● Ability to work with a broad set of stakeholders to achieve unity and progress across legal, technical, commercial, marketing and data
● You have solid experience with complex Design Systems
ITV strongly encourages applications for this role from disabled people and as a Disability Confident Leader if you meet the minimum criteria for a role and you have declared that you are disabled, we’ll guarantee you’ll get to the next stage* (minimum criteria above).
The Key role criteria is as follows:
● Motion design experience (and specifically Lottie animations) is preferable
● Experience in designing for TV platforms is preferable
● You love to learn and are constantly looking for opportunities to grow yourself and your impact.
● You have a whatever-it-takes attitude to making your team successful.
● You are deeply passionate about creating healthy relationships with respect, equality, empowerment and safety at their core.
● You have a versatile portfolio that showcases deep interaction and visual design skills
Interested? Apply today!!
Closing Date: October 5th 2022
We’re happy to discuss any support/personalisation you may need during our application & selection process as part of our reasonable adjustments approach. So we encourage you to get in touch with us if you require anything via the talkingcareers email on the ITVJobs website.
Find out more about our benefits via the ‘Why Join Us’ page on the ITVJobs website.
We want to be the most flexible employer in Media. We offer Smart working and we will support you and provide you the right environment and work/ life balance.
We reach millions of people everyday, that’s why having diverse talents and being an organisation where colleagues feel included is crucial to us. We have various networks who celebrate and support our colleagues. We try to embed an inclusive mindset in everything we do.
* There may be a few exceptions where we are not able to take all eligible candidates to the next stage due to the volume of applications.