At Choco, we’re striving to build a seamlessly connected global food system by 2030. One that enables food to move around the planet transparently, sustainably, and without waste. Today, Choco provides a platform connecting restaurants and suppliers resulting in better communication, simplified logistics, and – here comes the big one – less food waste. If you’re looking for a challenging new opportunity and the chance to make a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you.
Want to learn more about #LifeatChoco? Take a look behind the scenes: bit.ly/3sD7tYK
Meet your team
Optimizing food waste is at the heart of what we do at Choco, and the Vendor Product Team is focused on building comprehensive solutions to streamline operations for our global network of food distributors.
The Director of Product for our Vendor vertical, will be responsible for setting the overall strategy and roadmap for our growing customer base, and delivering a suite of innovative products that allow vendors to optimize their business, reduce costs and increase revenue. You will manage, scale and coach a team of Product Managers, enabling them to deliver best in class products for our vendors. As the Product Director, you will collaborate across the organization, with engineering, design, senior leadership and key business stakeholders, and you will be responsible for the evolution of Choco’s vendor experience. You will report to the Chief Product Officer Cassie Bowman.
Our working model reflects a balance between the highly collaborative nature of our business and modern-day flexibility. We look forward to seeing you in our Berlin office on our bi-weekly face-to-face days and whenever else you’d like to come in.
What you’ll do
- Own the vision, strategy and roadmap for a suite of web based and native mobile products catering to food vendors and distributors
- Build, coach and develop a team of product managers to amplify your long-term vision
- Lead data-driven product development at Choco by partnering closely with analytics to define metrics and KPIs
- Establish relationships and partnerships with teams across the company
- Evangelize the short and long term product strategy ensuring alignment and speedy execution
- Build a deep understanding of our users and the problems we are solving for them while becoming a subject matter expert in the food supply chain
What we’re looking for
- You are a product leader, manager and collaborator. You are humble, driven and a team player
- You have experience leading, building and coaching a team of product managers
- You thrive in complexity, ambiguity and unknowns. You are unafraid to ask questions and challenge the status quo. You have the right intuition and back your ideas with data
- You have experienced hyper growth in your product career, and have been a critical leader in developing products from MVPs to GA and rolling those products out to customers at scale
- Ideally, you have B2B experience, understanding the complexities of building a suite of products for SMB and Enterprise customers
- You have worked with an international sales organization before, and have extensive experience in Go to Market strategies, internationalization, sales enablement, commercialization and global rollouts
- You are an excellent communicator, and know how to influence up, down and across the organization
Choco was founded in Berlin in 2018 and has since expanded to a team of over 400 committed Chocorians working from active Choco offices in the US, France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, and Spain. Our ordering app is used by over 15K buyers and over 10K suppliers around the globe – bringing our annual order volume to an estimated $1 billion.
Just a year after our $63.7 million Series A funding round, we secured an additional $100 million in Series B funding. In April of 2022, we gained another $111 million in Series B2 funding with a valuation of $1.2 billion – earning us unicorn status just a few years in.
We’re backed by leading investors like Insight Partners, LeftLane Capital, Coatue Management, and Bessemer Venture Partners. In addition, we’re working alongside those who built companies like Google, Facebook, Amazon, Uber, and more.
Choco is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.