Ensuring that our e-commerce products and SaaS solutions are valuable and viable.
As a Product Manager, you will develop solutions that our customers choose to buy, our business can support and our engineers can implement.
World of Books is a business for good. A circular economy, for-profit business, we have grown from a start-up into a leading global seller of quality used books and a pioneer in re-use and recycling.
Our product teams are cross-functional and durable, comprising of a product manager, a product designer, user researcher and engineering manager. You will contribute your solid knowledge of the constraints of a business – e.g., from marketing, pricing, logistics, service, finance, legal, and privacy issues. You will also provide detailed insights into our users and customers, including data about how our customers engage with our products, industry trends and the competitive landscape.
With an instinctive collaborative style, you’ll work closely with your teammates to discover effective solutions and work together to deliver them to market. You will also need to be able to influence your colleagues, stakeholders, and senior executives, using data and logic.
Experience working on technology-powered products as either a product manager, designer, engineer, data analyst/scientist, or user researcher is essential. To succeed in this role you will also need:
- A solid understanding of the techniques and methods of modern product discovery and product delivery.
- The capacity to learn multiple functional areas of business – engineering, design, finance, sales, marketing, and analytics.
- The demonstrated ability to figure out solutions to hard problems with many constraints, use sound judgement to assess risks and structure an argument in a well-structured, data-informed, written narrative.
- Proven ability to engage with engineers, designers, and company leaders in a constructive and collaborative relationship.
- Education to degree level or equivalent practical experience.
We know that innovation thrives on product teams where diverse points of view come together to solve hard problems in ways that are just now possible. As such, we explicitly seek people that bring diverse life experiences, educational backgrounds, cultures, and work experiences. Please be prepared to share with us how your perspective will bring something unique and valuable to our team.
Our teams are dispersed and used to working remotely. The successful candidate will work from either our head office in Goring-by-Sea, West Sussex, our Central London office or our office in Coventry up to three days a week.