We’re a unique group of people, passionate about redesigning healthcare for millions of people on the planet. We’re on a mission to make healthcare accessible, affordable, and convenient by automating primary care, from symptom to outcome. We’re building a B2B Medical Guidance Platform that consists of a series of connected user-facing modules built on a common intelligent core, which supports patients and clinicians to make healthcare decisions with confidence.
We’ve experienced rapid growth over the past 3 years and have recently closed our Series B funding to support us in the next phase of our journey. Our team is constantly growing and we are always looking for top-notch specialists with technological, data science, marketing, sales, customer success, medical, business, or product expertise.
Everything you need to know before joining Infermedica is nicely gathered in our Hello Book: Infermedica for candidates. Take a moment to flip through it and we look forward to hearing from you!
We’re looking for an inquisitive Lead UX Researcher to lead and align research activities at Infermedica.
Design at Infermedica
- We are human, and we design for humans. Each of us is different, yet we have much in common: we are open, curious, and stubborn. Commitment and collaboration are at the heart of everything we do. We are dedicated to delivering top-tier design. We believe that together we can achieve much more than apart.
- In our day-to-day work, we design and improve our products. Before we design a solution, we strive to understand the problem, leveraging insights from research and data. We always ask plenty of questions, and we love to challenge existing assumptions.
- At Infermedica, we strongly emphasize design and user experience, and both are an integral part of our product development process. We have the time and resources to do it right. Our design toolkit consists of Figma, Miro, UserTesting, Dovetail, and Lookback. We use Slack, Meet and Around to communicate, and Jira to plan our work.
- The Design team is divided into three subteams: Communication Design, Product Design, and UX Research. We have our own routines and habits, including participating in critiques and discussions around design. Each designer is also embedded in a cross-functional product team where we collaborate with product managers, engineers, and data scientists.
Why do we need you?
- We’re reshaping the way we design our products. Previously, UX research was carried out by product designers. But our research needs have continued to grow, so we decided to create a new UX Research team within the Design team.
- Our goal is to make sure that every project is grounded in solid research. We already use a wide variety of qualitative and quantitative methods, such as in-depth interviews, usability tests, surveys, and analytics, but we want to explore new tools and opportunities. Finally, we need to start doing discovery and research in other countries, including the United States and Germany.
What you’ll do
- Lead research. You’ll lead and align research activities at Infermedica. On top of that, you’ll improve research practices across the organization and help teams take a more user-centered and evidence-based approach to product development.
- Conduct research. You’ll run end-to-end research projects from planning through conducting and analyzing through reporting out insights. You’ll use appropriate qualitative or quantitative methods to uncover new opportunities, validate user needs, and inform decisions across our product lifecycle.
- Mentor others. People are the most essential part of a company. You’ll support others in doing user research so that they can get better at it. Moreover, you’ll cultivate an environment where people can make mistakes in order to learn from them.
- Focus on outcomes. Research at Infermedica is not just another task that we can delegate and then wait for the report. You’ll contribute to product goals and business objectives, but at the same time strive to meet user needs.
- Collaborate with others. You’ll work alongside product managers, product designers, and engineers to iterate on new and existing product features. First, you’ll join the Symptom Checker team (to understand our product portfolio better) and then lead our research activities across all teams.
- Act as a research advocate. While people at Infermedica appreciate good design, we still need to showcase research findings and increase awareness of the value delivered by design and research.
- Enjoy your autonomy. One of our core values is trust. We always assume good intent and let you do the rest. You’ll be able to generate ideas, initiate research, and run experiments – in fact, you’re expected to do so.
- Improve your craft. For a researcher, the learning is never over. To be successful, you’ll need to constantly look for improvements and suggest solutions that will enable you and the team to work more efficiently.
What you’ll need
- Previous experience. This is a senior role, and you’ll need at least 5 years of experience conducting research in a product organization. Experience working in a healthcare organization is a plus.
- A strong portfolio. You have a proven track record of working with various research methods and tools. A demonstrated ability to impact business or product strategy through research is also necessary. Your portfolio should include work samples of projects you have worked on or led.
- Great communication skills. From identifying opportunities to showcasing research findings, we’re looking for a clear and effective communicator. You should be able to proactively seek input, articulate your ideas to your peers and stakeholders, and explain the trade-offs involved in your decisions.
- Problem-solving skills. You are not afraid to face complexity and navigate through ambiguity. You are able to pick up a problem and find a way to solve it yourself. If the situation demands it, you roll up your sleeves and help your peers.
- Sense of purpose. As designers and researchers, we believe we are doing something that matters. If you are searching for a place where you can do meaningful work and pursue your passion for research, we’d love to hear from you.
- Reliability. Completing your work is as significant as the way you do it. You can manage your own time responsibly and juggle multiple projects at once. Also, armed with a calm maturity, you should treat every failure as an opportunity to learn.
- Courage. You are not afraid to present bold ideas and challenge existing assumptions. You love to experiment, work with hypotheses and iterate rapidly.
- Curiosity. Asking questions like “Why?”, “For whom?” and “What for?” is your daily routine. You want to know as much as possible about the problem, user, customer, and context.
It’s even better if
- You have experience working in a high-growth start-up.
- You have experience working in a healthcare organization.
- You have experience conducting research internationally (especially in the US and/or Germany).
- You have experience with accessibility research.
Why is working at Infermedica awesome?