When it comes to product development, Dominion Energy powers your career. In this role you will disrupt the utility industry with your relentless pursuit of an exceptional user experience and strategic use of technology as a product owner. Your work will put our stakeholders’ needs at the heart of our process, and make access to reliable, affordable, and clean energy even better. Thinking cross functionally, you’ll work with your design and development partners to create products equipping Dominion Energy to safely and effectively deliver our services to our most valuable resource—our customers. Innovation is at the heart of Dominion Energy’s 2050 Net Zero commitments, and in this role, you are too.
What You Will Do: Essential Responsibilities
- Coordinate a highly motivated team that develops products and services that transform Electronic Transmission for our stakeholders and drives business value.
- Work on large and small scale projects that have a direct impact on the company.
- Identify risks and issues and mitigate and/or escalate as needed.
- Conduct ongoing, immersive user discovery to understand behaviors, motivations, problems, and opportunities across the user journey.
- Develop hypotheses and rapidly iterate on prototypes to validate the right solutions.
- Assess the feasibility of solutions, prioritize opportunities, and work with users to document their requirements and then perform quality assurance on products before delivery back to the user.
- Set direction and goals based on quantitative data, qualitative insights, and strong business acumen in collaboration with business leaders and stakeholders.
- Stay on top of industry trends and best practices to continuously improve what we do and ensure a great user experience.
- Forge relationships with key stakeholders.
- Demonstrate organizational agility to adapt to changing demands.
- Display strong consultative and collaborative skills.
Improve User Experience with Every Interaction
Drawing on data, you’ll bring new insights to the development of products that offer a well-rounded user experience. Your forward-thinking and strategic approach will be matched by an urge to drive rapid product delivery and make a real impact on the business. To do this, you must be able to inspire and lead others, partnering cross-functionally to scale the experiences we build for our employees or customers.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience is required with a preferred Bachelor’s degree (or 5+ with an Associate Degree; or 7+ years with a High School diploma / equivalent) in product management or a related field
- Note: A partial year of related work experience of 6 months or greater will be considered one year towards the qualifications; A an advanced degree can count as one year experience
- Fluency and experience working with modern technology stacks and partnering with user experience designers and software engineers is preferred.
- Strong planning and organizational skills with the ability to facilitate and/or work on multiple project teams simultaneously;
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and decision-making, along with knowledge of when to get others involved;
- Proficient in application of business process improvement methodology, benchmarking, and change management;
- Strong customer service orientation.
- The company is actively seeking United States military veterans and service members who meet the qualifications outlined below:
- Military service members and veterans with ranks from E3-E5, W1-W2, or O1-O3, plus appropriate equivalent combination of education and years of experience as outlined (above/below)
Bachelor’s Degree is preferred ( or an equivalent combination of education and demonstrated related experience may be accepted in lieu of a preferred degree)
Office Work Environment 76 -100%