Motorway is the UK’s fastest-growing used car marketplace – our online-only platform connects private car sellers with thousands of verified dealers nationwide, ensuring everyone gets the best deal.
Founded in 2017, our award winning, technology-led approach has redefined the experience of selling a car, generating thousands of monthly car sales and helping us to grow to a team of over 250 across 4 locations.
Motorway is now valued at over $1 billion and is backed by some of the world’s leading technology investors, having raised £143 million in Series C funding.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing scale-up at a crucial phase of growth and help change an industry for the better.
What you’ll be doing:
Motorway are seeking a Senior User Researcher. You’ll be our second full-time Researcher and will be working alongside a team of Product Designers, Product Managers, UX Writers and other disciplines to help gather insight, solve problems and test innovative solutions as we create the car selling experience of tomorrow.
Some of the things you’ll be doing are:
- Conducting primary research such as interviews, observations, fields studies, diary studies, participatory workshops, surveys and usability tests.
- Designing remote and in-person qualitative research; creating screeners and scripts.
- Developing our research strategy in alignment with our product development and overall business strategies.
- Working alongside your colleagues in Design, Product Management and Engineering; maintaining relationships with external vendors, agencies and facilities.
- Building a knowledge base including research guidelines, frameworks and easily accessible data.
Our team comes from a diverse range of backgrounds and team fit is important to us. As an experienced User Researcher we expect that you will have several of the following attributes:
- Ideally you have studied a discipline such as Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Behavioural Science, Psychology or similar.
- You have significant professional experience in an e-commerce environment and can demonstrate how your work has contributed to business success.
- You are well versed in both qualitative and quantitative research methods and confident in knowing which methods to deploy when measured against business goals (you can assess the risk vs. goals of a particular project and know when it’s appropriate to ship fast and learn over more thorough means of testing).
- You are used to working collaboratively with a lean mindset; you are adept at coordinating multiple stakeholders and various channels.
- You are a skilled listener and excellent communicator who is able to make detailed observations and connect the dots to form a story.
- You have experience of and are keen to coach others outside of your discipline in the benefits and methods of research.
What you’ll get:
We believe in a user-centred design approach and your role will be pivotal to the success of our products. You will represent the voice of our users to stakeholders and champion for the best user experience.
You’ll be part of a growing, diverse team and joining at an exciting time Motorway’s history. You will be able to influence the future direction of our product development through your unique insight into our users behaviours, needs and desires.
And as well as that you’ll also get:
- A competitive salary
- BUPA private health insurance
- Annual learning budget with Learnerbly
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity leave
- Flexible working (approximately 1-2 days in the office a week) with the option to work remote for a full month each year
- Pension Scheme
- Discounted Calm membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- A fun working environment with regular social events
- The chance to join a rapidly growing company that cares first and foremost about its people
- Fast career progression and the ability to develop your own skills and experience quickly
Equal Opportunities Statement:
Motorway is committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. We believe our workforce should reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.