Since 2003 Bond Radar has become the recognised leader in providing fast and accurate news on the international bond markets. Backed by real-time news feeds, expert analysis and a concise historical database, it is the preferred system for all the major financial institutions engaged in the capital markets. Recently Bond Radar has expanded its product portfolio to include other digital financial news products and is looking to consolidate its position as the go-to place for financial news.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Technical Product Manager, who is passionate about building products that customers love, to join our team to coordinate the development of our portfolio of digital data-oriented financial news products. Bond Radar currently makes use of an outsourced product development team but is looking to grow its technical capability and confidence internally and is looking to bring someone onboard with solid product leadership skills, along with experience in managing data-oriented products, to both drive this process and through the use of modern product, management techniques continue the efficient and effective development of Bond Radar products. This is an exciting opportunity for a resourceful Technical Product Manager to have a pivotal role within the business, working with senior management to reinforce a rigorous product management approach and grow their own skill set.
What are your responsibilities?
- Understand our customers’ data needs and requirements and translate those into development priorities
- Develop and maintain product roadmap, time estimates and priorities with the engineering team
- Develop and consolidate user stories and pain points, archetypes, feature lists and key design materials into necessary product requirements
- Align commercial demand, engineering and design to develop and maintain cutting-edge technology
- Collaborate with other parts of the business to establish initiatives and align with cross-functional goals including timelines, workflows and product benchmarks
- Work closely with the engineering team to ensure quality results are delivered in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensure product continuously fulfils company mission, values and goals with a strong emphasis on user needs
What skills and experience do you need?
You need to be sharp, collaborative and a quick learner. You should have a solid grasp of engineering, data analytics and strategy, and be able to contribute to high-quality products.
Past experience with directing product life cycles, particularly in the financial space, and the genuine desire to develop world-class skills are a must. You will have a wide breadth of knowledge and are always looking to learn and improve.
- Education and/or background in engineering (or several years managing technical products); experience with technology in a financial context is a strong plus.
- Previous experience as a product manager is mandatory with experience in a tech company as a strong plus and also with dealing with an outsourced development team.
- Experience identifying user pain points and collaborating with a wider team to implement solutions
- In-depth understanding of Agile methodologies, technical understanding of products and their life cycles and up-to-date knowledge of industry standards and best practices
- Demonstrated leadership and excellent communication skills
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Familiarity with the design, construction and delivery of APIs
- Familiarity with data analytics and big data mining
- Familiarity with the construction of both desktop browser and mobile interfaces
- Familiarity with building rich web interfaces using Angular or similar technologies
- Familiarity with the Java ecosystem including the Spring Framework
- Familiarity with SQL and MySQL
- Intellect. You have a strong ability to synthesise and process key information
- People person. You are able to communicate effectively across many levels and build strong interpersonal relationships with engineers, designers, operational managers, and external stakeholders
- Learning. You love learning new things and can pick up new methods quickly
- Flexibility. You are able to think on your feet, adapting rapidly to new situations and tools
- Excellent time management and organisation skills, with the ability to multi-task and context switch between different projects
- Detail-oriented. You understand the importance of the small things