This role is 100% remote. Travel only as needed.
At SparkMeter our mission is to electrify everything and everyone. We help utilities and governments make the transition to electrification while providing affordable, reliable, clean power.
SparkMeter’s product is a cutting-edge IoT platform that is used by utility companies around the world to effectively manage electrical grids. Our platform utilizes proprietary metering technology and communication protocols to move data from edge devices to the cloud, where customers utilize our multi-tenant SaaS application to manage assets and gain insight into the status and health of their grids.
SpakMeter is searching for a Product Manager to lead the product discovery and delivery of new hardware and software products that will expand our product portfolio. In this role, you will have the opportunity to explore customer needs for our evolving customer base and find the right product increments needed to achieve our company goals. You will be a key contributor to our strategy and execution with a deep understanding of our customers, the data, the business, and the industry.
- Are excited about our mission
- Are customers obsessed – You are curious and make time to talk to them
- Thrive in the world between hardware equipment, IoT technology, embedded systems control, consumer applications, big data monitoring, and control platforms
- Have a get-it-done mindset
- In collaboration with the Director of product, customers, and process stakeholders, build a compelling product vision and strategy that employees and the customer fall in love with
- Become an expert on our target market, the competing products,
- Evangelize and execute in continuous capturing of new learnings, in both qualitative as well as quantitative data
- Define objectives and KPIs (OKRs) that steer product direction and define its success
- Explain to engineers and other internal stakeholders how day-to-day priorities relate to company business objectives
- Be the contact person to make the best deals with suppliers
- Collaborate with engineering, suppliers, and design to iterate and validate the solution design
- A documented final solution design with clear explanations of feasibility, viability, usability, and desirability
- Collaborate with engineering to deliver productized solutions on time and within budget by participating in the agile meeting structure
- Identify and document all project milestones and deliverables and keep project plans up to date at all times
- Communicate and take responsibility to generate the documentation for the newly developed work within the organization and outside the organization
- Teach internal team members the benefits, context, and objectives that new products address
- Setup automation and monitoring systems to measure added values and find more optimization options
- Agile, nimble, and able to adapt quickly to changing business environment
- Excellent organization and documentation skills.
- Exceptional listener- profound ability to hear and decipher what a customer is asking for
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate, execute stakeholder management, evangelize and lead
- Sufficient knowledge of engineering production, manufacturing, and IoT technologies
- Proficiency in Confluence and Jira.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments
- Minimum of 3 years of product owner of product management experience
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, data science, or computer science
- Experience having shipped electrical hardware or SaaS software before
- Experience in the renewable and energy industry
Sparkmeter has employees distributed across 4 continents (Africa, Asia, Europe & America) with staff primarily located in the eastern time zone the USA, and Nairobi Kenya. Additional employees are based in Europe and other parts of the USA and Africa. Our two offices are in Washington, DC, and Nairobi Kenya. Roughly 30% of our staff is fully remote – and since the COVID-19 outbreak, upwards of 90% of our team interactions happen remotely. We’re tremendously proud of the people-centric culture we have created despite the remote work environment. Our customers are spread globally. We will ask you to interact with them and adapt to their time schedules when necessary.