About Outer Labs
Outer Labs develops custom software solutions that radically reshape the way buildings are being designed, constructed, and occupied. We bring modern human-centric design together with the latest technology to help real estate, architecture, engineering, and construction teams scale their expertise.
Our clients include globally recognized brands placing “big bets” and investing in long-term solutions to sustainability, quality, and affordability. We work closely with their leadership to craft multi-year strategies, with direct access to subject matter experts and end-users who help us continuously drive toward business value.
Some questions we’ve tackled: How can software automatically layout a building’s structural system based on unique constraints? How can software encourage reusable solutions that can be manufactured more sustainably and efficiently? How can we help a designer explore a thousand ideas in the time it currently takes to explore one?
Answers to these questions require a passion for design and engineering that comes from every level of our company. This is why we’ve invested deeply in building a culture that empowers its employees to do great work and directly shape the future of its products. We want smart, creative, and intentional individuals to be part of our core team. Are you in?
We are actively seeking a skilled, outcome-oriented, and empathetic Associate Product Manager to join our growing team. As part of the Client Services team, you will work with your product management peers, alongside product design, business development, software engineers, and our customers to bring ideas to life.
Within the larger Client Services team, you’ll work closely with a team of 3 to 5 product managers on problems related to real estate portfolio management, forecasting, and cost.
A key to success in the role of a product manager at Outer Labs is the ability to build trusting, professional relationships with our customers, the users of our applications, and our design and development teams. As a product manager you will be the nexus between all stakeholders, bringing alignment and driving the execution of exciting new applications for the real estate industry.
- Support Senior Product Managers to drive the entire product lifecycle for a 0 to 1 product through planning, design, development, launch, and maintenance
- Support Senior Product Managers to set the product vision and strategic direction, working with all relevant stakeholders
- Support Senior Product Managers to develop comprehensive project plans that merge customer requirements with company goals and coordinate various resources (internal and external) during all project phases
- Support Senior Product Managers to define and manage the product roadmap
- Prioritize features and manage trade-offs with consideration of the end users, our customer, and the business
- Build and manage trusting relationships with internal (engineering, UX, product strategy, sales, marketing, leadership) and external (customers, end-users, partners) stakeholders
- Monitor, analyze, report on, and manage project progress, with a laser-focus on outcomes for customers and for the business as a whole
- Maintain and manage the project knowledge base and documentation
- Identify and manage risks, opportunities and changes to scope, schedule, costs
- Support Senior Product Managers to create proposals, participate in contract negotiations, and coordinate internal and external resources to execute related administrative tasks
- Plan and coordinate communications, meetings, workshops and other engagements with team members and stakeholders
About the team
The client services team is a mix of people with experience in traditional product management as well as non-traditional backgrounds such as architecture, computational design, academia, and more. We value outcome-oriented problem solving, open mindedness, and passion for bringing all team members together to execute on a common goal.
- 1+ years of proven working experience in project and/or product management, preferably in the context of commercial real estate and 0 to 1 products
- Demonstrated stakeholder management experience, experience in Client Services is a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, written, verbal, and visual
- The ability to communicate complex ideas effectively
- Basic understanding of product delivery processes, both agile and waterfall
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience in data analytics is a preferred
- Flexible to travel for customer meetings as needed
- Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II certification is a plus
- Healthcare, dental, and vision insurance for employees & dependents. We cover 85% of the cost for employee, and 75% of the cost for dependents
- 401K with matching up to 4% of your salary
- Paid parental leave for all new parents
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO)
- 11 paid company holidays
- Computer and home office setup with phone and internet paid for up to $100 each.
- Annual stipend for education and professional development
100% remote working
Outer Labs provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.