DoSomething.org — a movement to create the most socially active generation in history — is seeking a seasoned product lead to oversee the people, process, and products that inspire millions of young people to effect social change in their communities. Reporting to DoSomething’s CEO, you’ll represent our product, data, and design teams at the executive level, setting goals and defining the roadmap that help the organization achieve its ambitious mission.
As Head of Product, you’ll lead your team to create data-driven and user-centric products that inspire meaningful social action. You’ll define each team member’s unique development plan, leading them to hit quarterly KPIs and grow as product professionals. Specifically:
- Product Managers: Lead a lean team of dedicated and enthusiastic PMs to create world-class digital products.
- Messaging: Collaborate with Marketing and Campaigns to create a messaging strategy and platform that serves the unique needs of millions of active email, web, and SMS users.
- Data: Oversee insights, analytics, and user research, fostering a data-driven and user-centric company culture.
- Design: Lead experimentation-driven Lean UX processes that result in well-designed and validated products.
- Stakeholders: Communicate with and support your colleagues across the org in achieving their goals through customer insights, improved processes, and high-performing products.
You’ll define and own the org-wide product goals, vision, and roadmap that inspire our teams to do amazing work.
- Vision: Partner with all levels of the organization to refine our product vision and communicate it clearly throughout the company.
- Roadmap: Plan, launch, and iterate on features across web, mobile, email, and SMS that allow our 5.5 million members to take actions that foster a better and more just society.
- Internal tools: Manage products that empower the internal team to act on user insights, create content, craft messaging, and build campaign experiences that guide our members through their social-change actions.
You’ll implement and maintain the meeting cadence, messaging, and documentation that empower your teams to run efficiently and autonomously.
- Goals: Work with the executive team to set inspiring, measurable, and attainable KPIs for Product, and support your teams in hitting those goals.
- Agile Development: Manage and improve the agile/lean process and foster a culture of testing and experimentation.
- Communication: Maintain a transparent product process, providing all staff members with visibility into the product roadmap, goals, and key learnings.
Experience & Requirements:
We are at a critical point in our organization’s trajectory and are looking for candidates with a mix of deep experience and creative new ideas to usher our products into the next era. In addition to the requirements mentioned above, we expect you to:
- have a minimum of seven years experience in managing consumer-facing products, at least five of those years running multiple Agile teams.
- lead all aspects of product management, from research and ideation, to design and experimentation, to launch and iteration.
- improve customer acquisition, growth, and retention.
- possess deep understanding of content management strategies and tools.
- create positive relationships with stakeholders and direct reports.
- manage diverse product positions including PMs, designers, user researchers, data analysts.
- implement effective product processes that are designed to fit our company culture.
- serve as mentor and coach for the fast-growing members of the Product org.
- work with Marketing, Campaigns, and Business Development to develop content that meets the needs of our partners without sacrificing user centricity.
- demonstrate empathy for DoSomething’s end users, partners, and staff.
- relentlessly believe in and act upon DoSomething’s mission.
- The ability to mobilize 5.5 million young people to change the world (need we say more?!).
- 3 weeks’ vacation plus the week between Christmas and New Years (plus Summer Fridays from Memorial Day to Labor Day!). And your birthday & Valentine’s Day off…and a half-day on Halloween. If you’re in costume. Seriously.
- A fun office environment, a gong, brownie bake-offs, spontaneous Hamilton references, and the best coworkers you could ask for.
- Five (or six? We’re losing count. That many!) different ways of making coffee.
- An incredibly compelling reason to wake up and make it to work every day.
- DoSomething.org is an equal opportunity employer. (Although we do reserve the right to discriminate against people who wear white socks with dark shoes…).
DoSomething.org is a movement to create the most socially active generation in history.
- We fight for our members every single day. We care deeply about activating millions of young people around the world to make impact in their communities.
- We believe in young people. We believe all young people have the agency to create social change and we provide them with the guidance to make it happen.
- We don’t hire just anybody. We work hella hard, we move super fast, and we’re a bunch of weirdos. We want people who get excited to come to work at our dynamic office every day.
- We genuinely stand behind who we are and what we do. No faking it here. Everyone at DoSomething.org has their own “why” for coming to work every day. What will yours be?
We have the stability of a 24-year-old organization, but we look, feel, and operate like a tech-forward startup. We’re looking for someone to oversee our product vision and mentor our incredible product and data teams to turn that vision into reality. You will be a key part of our Executive Team and launch products, features, and experiences that empower young people to make a difference in their community and transform our members into lifelong agents of change.
Check out our open source repos and our team manifesto to get a glimpse into how we work.