About Life Supplies
We’re on a mission to convert one million households to sustainable consumer goods.
Tired of seeing sustainable brands that don’t move the needle, we’ve decided to do things differently. Leveraging world-leading product design and innovative green chemistry, we’re winning the hearts of the mass market through our plant-based, sustainable supplies for your home.
Our starting point is switching people away from Pantene, Carex, and Colgate, with our range of bathroom essentials – formulated with upcycled fruit and delivered in sustainable refill packs just when you need them.
We’re thinking big and owning the plant-based bathroom is just the start. We’ve got exciting plans for the launch of sub-brands and enter into new categories.
To achieve our mission we’ve raised a pre-seed round of £5m ($6.8m) from some of the best known VCs and direct-to-consumer entrepreneurs and have assembled a highly experienced team from brands including Skin + Me, Innocent Drinks, Seedlip, Fever-Tree, Rapha and The Inkey List.
This is an incredible opportunity to lead our product design strategy to take us from being an emerging brand into a breakthrough success, achieving our mission of converting one million homes to sustainable consumer goods.
We’re in a unique position with product innovations ready to go and significant funding – we now need great design execution to connect with people on an emotional level and drive conversion.
We’re focused on bringing extremely ambitious people into the company that connect deeply with our mission. It’s an intense journey and in return for joining it, we can guarantee you’ll experience remarkable personal growth.
What you will do
- Own the delivery of end-to-end digital experiences that attract, convert and retain users
- Concepting, prototyping, validating, and presenting design solutions
- Working closely with design to ensure brand alignment is emulated across our digital experience
- Conduct, analyse and action. Partnering with Product Manager to drive in-depth research that uncovers customer problems
- Improve the product design process and streamline design workflows that improve efficiency and time to build with product and engineering
What experience we’re looking for
- Product design excellence – you have extensive experience within UX/UI and know how to create modern, engaging and beautiful designs
- Proven experience – 3 – 5 years of digital design experience in ecommerce or DTC with a mobile-first approach
- Experienced cross-functional collaborator with design, product and engineering
- Working knowledge of CSS/HTML, Shopify, and Figma wizard
Customer-obsessed and strong at curating experiences based on customer behaviours and JTBD
- Product development process – embraces lean ways of working, comfortable with concepts of MVP and experimentation
- UX methodologies, usability testing and best practices
- UI Design
- Interaction Design
- Information Architecture
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS
A bit about the Life Supplies Tech Stack
- User Research: TrymyUi, Lucky Orange
- Design & Collaboration: Figma, Miro, Notion
- Ecommerce Stack: Shopify, recharge, stripe
- Marketing & Data: GA4, optimise & Kalyvio
What are the benefits
- Significant equity – potentially life-changing value if you commit to our long-term mission
- Entrepreneurial culture – unparalleled exposure in a thrilling start-up environment in which we move fast and take bold risks, with no two days ever being the same
- Make a difference – work within a revolutionary company that is deeply mission-driven
- Big commitment to growth – you will get broad experience and we’ll make sure we support your personal development
- Support network – the Life Supplies investors and advisors that you’ll have the opportunity to work with have built some of the world’s best consumer companies
- Office perks – free coffee at Dream Factory (our neighbours), team lunch Tuesday’s at local restaurant, weekly Friday drinks, brand new Apple Macbook
- Holidays – 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), with the ability to rollover 5 days each year
- Freebies – free subscription to Life Supplies and Skin + Me
We’re big on the power of three! So we’ve created three core values that guide our behaviour at Life Supplies and make us unique. Our team will take you through what these values mean to us and how we live them.
Say it straight – we don’t beat around the bush because it slows us down
Raise the bar – we are obsessed with achieving ambitious targets
Walk the talk – we do what we say we’re going to do