Looking for a product ops person to join our team in the data platform department within Sky. We are part of a department building a cutting edge global data platform to serve some of the fastest growing entertainment brands in the world right now (NOW, Peacock, SkyShowtime). The streaming space is going through a huge growth and re-shuffle and data is at the heart of driving better customer experiences and business growth.
Our product team is focused on creating a comprehensive and frictionless experience in getting data from source to ready-for-use.
Come join us and ramp up your skills in product, operations and data! It’s dynamic department much like a startup, but with the resources and growth opportunities of large organization.
Global OTT Data
Our team develops and supports a market-leading, cloud native, data platform underpinned by state-of-the-art engineering principles. We do this at huge scale: for over 50 million customers globally, spanning NBCUniversal Peacock in the US and Sky, NOW and SkyShowtime across Europe. As a technical product analyst in our team you will play a key role in the end-to-end realisation of our product & department vision. You will also be exposed to a wide range of stakeholders across the US, and Europe including data science, marketing, finance and product teams.
- Cross functional synthesis: You will work with the Program Management Office (PMO) to build and maintain a system to keep track of formal feature requests across all propositions and informal ideas from all collaborators. While not necessarily stepping in to do analysis, you will be able to systematically categorize requests in order to track and communicate cross-functional dependencies and impact towards product strategy.
- Effective curation and analysis of data: You will build and maintain systems to collect, review, and analyse usage information and other vital data. You will present this data to product management to help the team and department make better-informed product decisions. This data will also be used to showcase the departments’ value to external partners.
- Product Quality Assurance Oversight: You will supervise and restructure, as needed quality, assurance processes to minimize these disconnects and increase the product’s quality and velocity. The oversight may include deploying standard processes and documentation to ensure all parties involved have appropriate visibility and understanding of expectations.
- Management of knowledge transfer programs – Running and completing the product team’s internal education initiative.
What you’ll bring
- A passion for applying effective processes to complex workflows. You’ll have prior experience in project/programme management or operational efficiency.
- Driving and inspiring a collaborative environment across different functions and departments. Learning as you go to keep removing bottlenecks and points of friction.
- Experience with documenting project outcomes.
- 3-5 years experience in an agile software development capacity is useful
- An analytics and data informed mindset that allows you to tell vibrant stories with data
- You’re not afraid to get into it with dashboards and reports. SQL experience is a plus.
- Previous experience with quality assurance or user acceptance testing focused on ensuring deliverables meet requirements
- A desire to work on extraordinary software pushing the boundaries of what’s possible with data
There’s one thing people can’t stop talking about when it comes to #LifeAtSky: the perks. Here’s a taster:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- The magic of Sky Glass at an exclusive rate
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- A wide range of Sky VIP rewards and experiences