iWarranty is tackling one of the biggest environmental challenges for our planet: Reducing e-waste. They are re-imagining product warranty management with green technology to help increase lifetime use of consumer electronic products.
The iWarranty proposition
The iWarranty mobile-native platform will be the first to provide digital storing of consumers’ product information, enabling them to find and use warranties at the point of need, as well as find repair networks. Manufacturers will aim to benefit also from iWarranty data on appliance failures, enabling them to provide superior post-sale customer care.
Both consumers and manufacturers can directly accomplish a reduction in e-waste, keep spending low and predictable and progress towards environmentally-friendly practices of product reuse.
iWarranty is led by CEO Ruby Pillai and funded by leading fintech VC and angel investors, plus UK and European governments. iWarranty has been awarded the Financial Conduct Authority’s Green FinTech Challenge, European Government’s Sustainability Award, Women in Innovation Award among others.
In this role:
The Senior Product Manager will be responsible for directly managing early product development, interpreting needs of customers and stakeholders, collaborating closely with iWarranty Engineering Lead and the founders.
This role offers the opportunity for aspiring product leaders to develop into our Head of Product.
- Work directly with Engineering Lead in prioritizing and executing on product initiatives
- Fortify iWarranty’s product strategy with the founders and develop a robust product roadmap to align with key commercial milestones
- Help shape iWarranty’s G2M with strong product proposition, anchoring it with user insights and best practices in UX and UI, as well as strong leadership in product operation
- Manage product sprint planning and the feature roadmap to ensure on-time delivery and overall product quality
- Develop the metrics and hypotheses to evaluate successful user activation, engagement and retention
- Ensure successful end-to-end delivery of discovery, ideation, prototyping, user testing and product design
- Build an in-depth understanding of the user audience, using customer data to help build a product delivering maximum customer value
- Conduct competitive analysis to develop iWarranty’s value proposition to identify potential new products and features, and ways to improve existing ones
- Scale the product team and operation via managing existing and future resources effectively and helping founders build a blueprint for iWarranty’s full-stack product team
About you – your experience & skills:
You have a passion for sustainability, and are goal-driven with the ability to proactively take initiative; comfortable working with minimal direction.
- 5~ years of experience as a Product Manager, or equivalent team lead role in building amazing products which address key customer pain points
- Experience in building and launching mobile first applications
- B2B2C marketplace / platform product experience, where multiple user groups engage with each other and transact value
- Ability to communicate business/customer needs clearly across users, potential customers and business stakeholders
- Exceptional organizational skills; managing projects and collaborating across multiple domains: engineering, sales and marketing
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to build trust and collaborative relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Strong orientation to detail, design and UX
- Comfortable with abundance of details and complexity yet mindful of the big picture
- Experience working in a startup environment and establishing product market fit – with an interest in Financial Services, but not necessary
Compensation and Benefits:
- ESOP -Yes
- Annual holidays
- 1 day to work for a charitable project of your choice
- Flexible working to accommodate parental responsibilities
- Office amenities / East London location
- Current shared workspace is dog friendly but they say, “well behaved dogs”.
What steps will be involved in hiring for this role:
- Initial interview with iWarranty talent lead
- Interview with iWarranty co-founders
- Technical product discussion with Engineering & Product advisors
- Meet the team
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We believe innovation comes from everyone. At iWarranty we want to build a workforce that reflects our society. We believe that startups can be powerful influencers for social change, and that it is our responsibility to further equality for all. Creating a culture of equality is not just the right thing to do; it is also the smart thing.
As a woman-founded and led company, we strive to create a workforce that reflects the diverse communities around us and where everyone feels, seen, heard, valued and empowered to succeed. As we know, there is more to be done, but together we can build a more equal workplace and world for all of us.