Amperity is more than just a leading Customer Data Platform — it’s a unique mix of people, technology, and opportunity. The people are whip-smart, deeply committed, and energizing. The technology is multi-patented, AI-powered, industry-shaping customer data management software that we invented because there was no way to solve the problems that we wanted to help consumer brands overcome. The opportunity is twofold: a market opportunity to provide a solution that consumer brands have been trying to find for decades, and a personal opportunity to grow and learn and hitch your career to a rocket ship.
Since our founding in 2016, Amperity has been growing 2.5X year-over-year. We’ve raised $187M in funding, including a recent Series D that increased our valuation to over one billion dollars. We’re going places, fast, and we want you to come with us.
We help top brands make sense of massive amounts of transaction and engagement data so that they can finally know who their customers are, what opportunities exist, and how to provide the kinds of experiences that delight consumers and move the business metrics that matter. Our customers include Alaska Airlines, Patagonia, Kroger, J. Crew, Brooks Running, Planet Fitness, DICK’s Sporting Goods, and many more.
We’re building something that’s never existed before, and we’re doing it in a way that’s great for consumers, transformational for our customers, and career-making for the members of the Amperity team. Come help us make it happen!
We’re looking for a product manager to help us invent new ways for analytical users to get value from Amperity. In this role, you’ll bring deep empathy for the work an analyst is trying to accomplish at a consumer brand company and create capabilities, in partnership with engineering, data science and design, that remove friction as they explore their data in Amperity. In addition to tackling interesting problems described below, you are not afraid to write your own queries, generate your own visualizations or get curious about how the system works.
- Understanding the business value of a unified customer view and making that available to our customers
- Creating a seamless experience that connects SQL based analytics to point and click access for marketing
- Creating experiences that bring life to organized data
- Become Amperity’s in-house expert on the analyst persona, including a deep understanding of their goals and pain points
- Creating new views of the customer in data that create value for brands, and building the experiences to bring them to life
- Crafting a powerful and elegant user experience to make these systems accessible for humans
- Connecting Amperity seamlessly to a wide variety of systems across marketing and analytics
- And working with the engineers that accomplish this flexibly, durably, and while supporting each other in a distributed working environment
- Track record of defining a feature vision, managing through iteration and releasing features / products that address customer pain, exude craftsmanship and are developed with velocity and for durability
- Passion for taking raw data and transforming into customer experiences that drive critical business strategy and marketing decisions
- Comfortable leading without formal authority at the intersection of customers, product management, engineering and design.
- Familiarity with SQL. Exposure to other statistical computer languages (Python, R) a plus
- Strong desire to learn and investigate new technologies and the data platform landscape in a hands-on, practical manner
- Want to be part of a growing company and be close to the work, the customers, the data, and the product.
- Minimum 3 years experience product management
- Experience in the areas of advanced analytics, data management, and/or data services in public clouds (AWS, Azure, GCP)
We offer all the benefits you’d expect from a great place to work: 100% employee healthcare coverage, transportation subsidies, a comfortable work environment with plenty of snacks, and other employee experience perks like events and activities, both in-person and remote. We also offer self-managed PTO and the flexibility to do your best work in the way that works for you. We provide an inclusive environment where you’ll be challenged to find and unlock your full potential, surrounded by a team of world-class people driving for excellence.
Amperity is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.