Who we are
Tractable is an Artificial Intelligence company bringing the speed and insight of Applied AI to visual assessment. Trained on millions of data points, our AI-powered solutions connect everyone involved in insurance, repairs, and sales of homes and cars – helping people work faster and smarter, while reducing friction and waste.
Founded in 2014, Tractable is now the AI tool of choice for world-leading insurance and automotive companies. Our solutions unlock the potential of Applied AI to transform the whole recovery ecosystem, from assessing damage and accelerating claims and repairs to recycling parts. They help make response to recovery up to ten times faster – even after full-scale disasters like floods and hurricanes.
Tractable has a world-class culture, backed up by our team, who have rated us 4.9/5 on Glassdoor, making us Europe’s top-rated unicorn to work for!
We’re a diverse team, uniting individuals of over 40 different nationalities and from varied backgrounds, with machine learning researchers and motor engineers collaborating together on a daily basis. We empower each team member to have tangible impact and grow their own scope by intentionally building a culture centred around collaboration, transparency, autonomy and continuous learning.
Product development @ Tractable
The way we build our product is by putting a team together with all the skills and context it needs to be able to solve problems. This means you will be working alongside product managers, UX designers, software engineers, data scientists and many others to work on a variety of problems in a hugely exciting industry.
What you will be doing:
You will lead design for Tractable’s largest product suite, AI Review, to help millions of people globally recover faster from car accidents using our cutting-edge and proprietary AI. You’ll be designing powerful tools and data visualisations to support complex workflows for all our end-users, from beginners to experts.
- Working closely with product managers, engineers, AI researchers and cross-functional stakeholders to prioritize user research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Working embedded in a product development team to understand requirements, and iterate on creative, thoughtful solutions.
- Communicating the user experience at various stages of the design process with wireframes, flow diagrams, storyboards, mockups, and/or high fidelity prototypes.
- Helping to integrate user feedback and customer requirements into ongoing updates of our products.
- Advocating for the prioritisation of design centred changes and improvements to our products.
What you need to be successful:
- Solid experience in this role (or a similar design role) for a product company (ideally SaaS)
- Experienced in delivering design solutions in complex business domains
- Expert in conducting early, iterative discovery to validate new product ideas
- Demonstrable experience being able to work cross-functionally with other teams (Engineers, Product Managers etc)
- Experience designing responsive user interfaces and creating prototypes
- Strong ownership mentality and perseverance
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Portfolio of work supporting your experience creating great user experiences
What’s in it for you
Generous financial reward for your effort
- Twice a year compensation reviews
- Generous equity package
- 5% employer match on pension
Time off and flexible working
- 25 days paid annual leave + bank holidays
- Ability to work from abroad for up to 6 weeks/year
- Competitive maternity + paternity leave
- Flexible hours and hybrid working
- Additional leave to support you when you need it, including sick pay, compassionate leave, or paid time-off to recharge after an intense work period
Support for your health and wellbeing
- Highest tier of private health coverage through Bupa
- Access to a virtual GP through Babylon
- Mental health and career coaching through Sanctus
- Free annual Headspace subscription
- L&D budget to use on Learnerbly (our learning platform)
- Cycle to Work scheme