Ownly | Homebuying made easy.
At Ownly, we’re reimagining the new homebuying experience from couch to contract. We’re a proptech company focused on making the new home shopping and buying process easier for buyers and sellers which provides many opportunities to learn, grow and be challenged personally and professionally. Ready to put your passion and purpose to work to create a meaningful change in an industry ripe for innovation? Come join a highly motivated, fun and ambitious team of unconditionally positive doers, trailblazers and dreamers working collaboratively make the homebuying journey easier for everyone. Sound like fun to you?
Ownly is looking for a strong, seasoned Product Leader to ambitiously and confidently take on the role of Head of Product at our headquarters in Calgary, Canada. The role will work directly with our founders and advisory board to craft the roadmap, strategy and vision of Ownly’s product development.
The successful candidate is an engaging, inspiring, people-first collaborator with a proven track-record of leading the product innovation process. You have an innate ability to see the big picture amidst the chaos and have a desire to build a world-class product that delivers value to customers while achieving Ownly’s business objectives. Peers would consider you a master at motivating, inspiring and supporting teams with a unique ability to articulate the strategic vision of the company and the importance of each team member’s role. You believe in the concept of servant leadership and lead by influence and consensus building rather than authority and control. You have an unrivalled commitment to simplifying and delivering an exceptional customer experience. Combine this with a genuine passion for building a world-class, industry-leading global product and the Head of Product role at Ownly might be tailor-made for you. Here’s more about what you’ll be doing at Ownly:
• Collaborate with founders and company leaders to understand Ownly’s vision and direction, co-develop strategy, and translate that strategy into a product roadmap that will deliver world class results for an e-commerce enablement platform for real estate
• Set, maintain and achieve a balance between iterative quick victories and longer- term concrete advancements to the software platform
• Take an active role in collaborating, communicating and problem solving alongside an ambitious team
• Ensure Ownly’s product team is aligned with both micro and macro current and future needs of the business
• Identify opportunities for continuous improvement in our product and software development lifecycle processes, collaborate with engineering and design to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of our cross functional teams
• Encourage and inspire the entire team to be involved in the tech ecosystem, to elevate Ownly’s presence and reputation
• Work with various community and business stakeholders, often serving as a connection point for relationships, partnerships or initiatives
• Identify and work towards shared objectives by establishing the appropriate context and expectations, rather than trying to control, set policies, or dictate directions
Who we’re looking for in the Head of Product Role:
• Exceptional contributor and collaborator who can help us reach our vision to make the homebuying experience easier for buyers and sellers
• Experts who understand how product management is done at the best companies in the world in both B2B and B2C product companies
• Community-builders who are passionate about people being together and growing in-person teams: building trust and transparency, creating strong relationships and nurturing clear and honest communications
• Motivating, supportive collaborators who spend time contextualizing and sharing the company’s strategic goals to help individuals feel connected, included and cared for
• Driven, performance-focused team players who constantly motivate and encourage others to be better and level up
• Innovators with excellent judgement who can make and support others with difficult trade-off decisions quickly and decisively
• Charismatic and kind personalities who are able to guide teams across the product management spectrum of delivery, from strategic planning to ticket-level execution and release planning
• Startup innovators who understand that we can’t move faster or win by creating endless processes, approvals, checkpoints, policies, or rules
• Flexible doers who are eager to jump in the action at any given moment
• Aligned partners who value what we value (e.g., trust, transparency and communication)
• Confident team players who can hold others accountable, and who speak out against mediocre or sub-par performance or actions
• Highly ambitious, big-picture thinkers who can envision the frictionless future of real estate
• Dedicated career-minded individuals who realize that a Head of Product role needs to be a tremendously important focus in their life (while also being a huge opportunity)
• Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada and willing to relocate to Calgary.
What will help you succeed:
• 4+ years of experience as a Head of Product, Product Manager or similar position
• At least 5 years of experience at technology organizations or while building technology-focused products.
• Experience with start-up organizations or winning companies in the tech industry; B2B and B2C tech product experience is a huge asset
• Experience scaling and being a part of a scaling team.
modern development technologies and methodologies, as well as proven experience building strategies using the latest trends