Senior Product Manager
LexisNexis is looking for a dynamic Senior Product Manager with proven product management expertise to support our CounselLink product. CounselLink is a leading cloud-based software solution for Enterprise Legal Management (ELM), including matter management, legal spend management and legal hold solutions designed to help corporate legal departments manage operations while providing analytics and benchmarking tools for better decision-making.
The person that fills this role must be a self-starter with a strong work ethic, energized by a challenge, passionate about bringing great products to market and love the thrill of creating a new standard for what’s possible.
As the Senior Product Manager, your key roles and responsibilities will include:
- Relentless pursuit of the product vision.
- Consistent communication with our customers and partners to understand what they do, problems they have and what they need.
- Staying on top of industry trends, the competition and constraints.
- Developing a commercially successful product strategy and lead project execution with minimal guidance that is based on qualitative and quantitative customer understanding.
- The product management, planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including: the definition of product opportunities, defining the product release vision, gathering and prioritizing customer requirements, and working closely with internal groups to ensure that profitability and customer satisfaction goals are met.
- Tracking the performance of your products including customer engagement and satisfaction to assess whether product goals are being achieved.
- Indirectly managing, motivating and collaborating with cross-functional team to identify, define and deliver innovative solutions that solve high-value customer problems.
- Holding yourself and other accountable to achieving measurable results.
Persistently scrutinizing trade-offs of what must be done well now versus what can be improved upon later.
- Working with the marketing team on the execution of the go-to-market plans and creation of compelling stories that resonate with the market.
- Traveling as needed (approx. 25%)
- Minimum 5 years of product management experience
- Proven experience managing existing products and releasing new product or product features to the market, from collaborative conceptualization to execution to post-release management
- Frequent, meaningful product customer engagements that lead to positive commercial outcomes
- Ability to tie analytics data to business metrics and vice versa to drive business outcome and develop data-driven products
- Proven agile and iterative software product development expertise
- Excellent oral and writing communication skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in the legal industry, with Pendo, or Aha is a plus.
What we are looking for in you:
- Possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy to create a big-picture vision as well as the know-how to make that vision a reality.
- Care deeply about our customers’ experience with our products and relentlessly pursue improvements.
- Exhibit unrelenting resilience when faced with challenges and ingenuity in a search for solutions.
- Think strategically about opportunities.
- Have exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving skills that result in a
- commercially successful solution that delights our customers.
- Possess innate curiosity and a desire to learn.
- Be a highly collaborative team player with the confidence to respectfully question status quo.
- Make thoughtful, data-driven business decisions with minimal guidance, despite some degree of ambiguity.
- Have strong communication and presentation skills; capable of discussing and explaining complex subject matter to both the expert and the layman.
- Demonstrate excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrable software product management experience, preferably within the legal industry.
- Share their expertise with the PM team, informally coaching and mentoring junior members of the team
Competitive salary plus comprehensive benefits package to include:
- Quarterly 401K Match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Two Paid Volunteer Days
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Spending, Flexible Spending & Commuter Spending Accounts