The Financial Times (FT) is one of the world’s leading news and information organisations. We are recognised globally for our authority, integrity and accuracy, and united by our mission to deliver world-class information, news and services to our growing, global audience.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
We’re an equal opportunity employer and prize diversity and inclusion as a strength. We believe that a supportive workplace is one where employees have a voice and feel they can be themselves at work. We continually remove barriers for all groups, especially underrepresented groups. We offer flexible working, and are open to part-time and job sharing too.
We have an opportunity for an experienced B2B Product Director to lead the FT’s strategy to better meet the needs of professional customers.
Today we have over 5,000 enterprises that buy licences for their teams to access FT’s content on any of 60 media platforms: a growing, global audience of over 650,000 people at work or study. The next chapter of success for B2B is continued growth of this core business, plus accelerated growth through significant investment in new products and services.
What you’ll do:
- Own and set a compelling product strategy for B2B, so the FT reaches its ambitious growth and revenue targets through differentiation
- Support your team to set clear goals and learn fast, setting smart hypotheses, testing risky assumptions and breaking down complex problems into small steps
- Hire, develop and retain a strong product team: we have four teams today, and expect that to double next year as we find product-market fit.
- Raise the bar of product craft, within product and with colleagues in functions like sales, marketing, operations and editorial as we build design, test and build original experiences, then successfully take them to market.
- Reduce dependencies, remove blockers and co-ordinate with other product groups and stakeholders
- Be a visible and trusted leader, as a member of the cross-functional senior leadership team of B2B and of the Product and Technology department.
- You have a track record leading B2B products to scale
- You’ve directly managed heads of product or group product managers and are passionate about developing people and supporting them to be part of diverse, inclusive and high-performing teams.
- You have an empathetic leadership style and you build strong relationships based on trust and credibility
- You know when to employ different approaches to product, and can balance lean-style MVP experimental work with focused iteration on core products
- You’re customer and metrics-obsessed and understand how product changes might impact our goals
- You have a proven ability to quickly get up to speed in a domain and identify trends and opportunities. Content or data products expertise is a plus.
At the FT, we are committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer that seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. We aim to treat all employees in a fair and consistent manner, promote good working relationships to encourage high standards of conduct and performance within a work environment free from harassment, bullying and discrimination. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help.