Reach Volunteering is working to build a more connected, compassionate world in which people volunteer their expertise to help solve the pressing challenges of our time. We inspire thousands of professionals to volunteer each year and connect them with a huge array of charities and grassroots groups who need their skills.
Our digital platform sits at the heart of our work. The Head of Digital has a key role, acting as a senior product manager to shape and evolve our service to build something that works beautifully and generates more impactful volunteering in the UK. They also are an integral part of our SMT, helping to shape the organisation.
In this job, you will have the opportunity to:
- Shape and develop the complete lifecycle of an innovative service.
- Make a difference at scale: enabling thousands of people to find rewarding ways to make a difference, and transforming charities and grass root groups by connecting them with skills and expertise.
- Have a real impact in the tech-for-good world: capitalising on the untapped potential of pro-bono / skills-based volunteering and digital.
And we offer:
- flexibility – we are offering this role full time or part time
- a high degree of autonomy and ownership over your work
- an agile, experimental and supportive culture that values service design
- a values-led organisation with a friendly, collaborative team.
- Lead on service design: in collaboration with colleagues, identify and develop opportunities on the most impactful things we should be building for our users
- Lead on the construction and delivery of our product roadmap (short, medium and long-term)
- Ensure the smooth running of our website
- Work with the CEO and colleagues to provide leadership to Reach
What you will bring:
We are looking for someone who has experience:
- As a Digital Product Manager, developing a product and managing the technical delivery
- Generating user insight, analysing data and defining business requirements.
And a range of qualities and attributes including:
Ownership: Seeing what’s important for Reach’s digital service, taking the initiative to find creative and positive solutions and being accountable for outcomes.
User-centred: Passionate about understanding user needs and developing an end-to-end service to best meet those needs.
Collaborative: Give robust support and constructive challenge, and be open to receiving it.
We welcome people of all backgrounds, identities and experiences. We would particularly welcome applications from candidates who are disabled, Black, Asian or from other minoritised communities, who identify within the LGBTQIA+ community, or identify as from a lower or disadvantaged socioeconomic background as these groups are currently under-represented on our staff team.
Please see the full job description and person specification.
You are welcome to have an informal chat about the role with one of the team, before applying. Please see our vacancy page for more details
What Reach does
We inspire, support and connect people who want to volunteer their expertise with charities and nonprofits throughout the UK. Crises such as the pandemic, the cost of living and the climate emergency increase the pressure and demands on charities and nonprofits. Thankfully, they also spur more people to help. Last year alone, we registered almost over 8,500 volunteers and generated almost 4,000 placements.
Working at Reach
We are a friendly, deeply collaborative team of 10 staff, supported by many amazing volunteers, great freelancers and a strong supportive board. We live our values: bold and experimental, people-centred, collaborative and honest. As a valued member of our team, you will be encouraged and supported to take risks and to learn and develop, and enjoy plenty of autonomy. You will be able to draw on the expertise and enthusiasm of a team that uses a service design approach, and has a user-centred mindset.
Reach Volunteering is committed to becoming a more diverse, inclusive and equal organisation, and to helping to increase equity, diversity and inclusion in civil society. We have put equity at the heart of our new vision, values and beliefs.
We encourage flexible working and many of our staff work their hours in different ways. We are open to discussing what would work for you and be possible for the role.
Other benefits include:
Salary in range of £43,000 – £50,000 FTE
26 days annual leave, plus three bonus days at Christmas (plus Bank Holidays).
Up to six days volunteering leave per annum.
Pension contributions at 5 per cent
How to apply
If you would like to have a conversation with the CEO, the outgoing post holder, or another member of the team about Reach’s culture, key challenges, scope of the role, working relationships or anything else that might help you decide if this could be a good fit for you, please contact Miranda at Miranda.Murdoch-Hughes@reachvolunteering.org.uk who will arrange a call
We are keen to make our recruitment process as fair as possible, and to reduce bias. We will be shortlisting based on your response to a question about how you would approach a typical task for someone in this role, and your response will be anonymised.
Apply via our website