Pitchup.com is seeking a Product Manager; as the only person initially in this team you will both define and execute our product vision for both the B2C and B2B platform.
The priority of this role will be to live and breathe our roadmap, pressing ahead with the many ideas we already have planned and staying alert for ones we don’t.
You will work with our founder and others in the business to assess the priority and importance of our backlog projects, ready them for the development team and oversee their progress through the build and launch process.
Additionally, you will develop a strong understanding of all of Pitchup’s web-based products, as well as our internal processes and external activities such as integrations. As such, the impact of the role will be far reaching, from revenue growth and enabling the company to capitalise on market trends, growing market share, to optimising our onboarding process and improving marketing efficiency.
We’re an award-winning and quickly expanding travel site making it a doddle to book camping, glamping and caravan sites all over the world, with over 5,300 to choose from.
As Product Manager at Pitchup, you will:
- Own, manage and prioritise the backlog for development
Contribute to prioritisation of the overall development roadmap and product strategy, translating product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders to understand, consolidate and document requirements to write clear and well-defined user stories
- Identify and monitor relevant KPIs to prioritise work & demonstrate improvements following new features going live
Support innovation and continuous improvement initiatives that will positively improve the user experience and/or team’s performance
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
- Work closely with engineering teams to deliver with quick time-to-market and optimal resources
- 3 – 5+ years experience in product management within a scaling organisation, ideally from a marketplace or ecommerce website (scale-up to mid-size ideally)
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Proven ability to develop product strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to senior stakeholders and founders
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A bachelor’s degree in business or related field
Salary: £75,000 to £80,000 per annum depending on experience
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays (pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Pension matched to 4%, private healthcare, life insurance, critical illness cover and income protection – for peace of mind
- IT equipment
- Work-from-home office equipment allowance
- Discounts including: gym memberships, sports equipment, Caffe Nero, Odeon cinema and various hotel and retail outlets
- Great staff discounts on Pitchup bookings across thousands of properties in 70 countries
- Employee assistance helpline, in case you ever need someone to talk to, with access to get-fit programmes, nutrition advice, financial and legal advice and counselling
More about Pitchup
Pitchup.com receives 33m annual visits and over the last year has booked over 5m bed nights, with total transaction value 92% up compared to 2019, and 116% up for destination UK. The site has been featured in leading global media titles, such as BBC News, New York Times, Le Figaro, and more, and has been translated into 16 languages. You will join a nimble team of 60 based in 10 countries, all working from home, as we are a 100% remote business.
A member of the Financial Times’ FT1000 fastest growing companies in Europe, Pitchup.com receives up to 300,000 visits and 7,500 bookings per day, and this year an individual site took 95 bookings in 24 hours. Recently we were awarded the Platinum Trusted Service Award by Feefo, for achieving a customer rating of at least 4.5 out of 5 for 3 years in a row. The company is profitable, and was founded in 2009 by former lastminute.com staff with a background in the holiday park sector.