Motorway is the UK’s fastest-growing used car marketplace – our online-only platform connects private car sellers with thousands of verified dealers nationwide, ensuring everyone gets the best deal.
Founded in 2017, our innovative, technology-led approach has redefined the experience of selling a car, generating thousands of monthly car sales and helping us to grow to a team of over 350 across 4 locations.
Motorway is now valued at over $1 billion and is backed by some of the world’s leading technology investors, having raised £143 million in Series C funding.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing scale-up at a crucial phase of growth, build amazing products and help change an industry for the better.
Product culture at Motorway
At Motorway, we’re strong believers in the value of empowered teams. As a Product Manager (B2B), you’ll work with a cross-functional squad to determine the right things to build that deliver the most value to our customers and the business. You’ll do this using a dual-track discovery/delivery approach, rapidly evaluating opportunities through user research, data analysis and experimentation, and you’ll measure and communicate your impact based on outcomes rather than outputs.
We’re looking for a highly motivated self-starter to help develop our award-winning vehicle acquisition platform, focusing specifically on new initiatives that will empower our network of thousands of dealer partners to grow their businesses.
This is a critical area of the business that’s experiencing rapid growth, and an incredible opportunity to help create an industry-leading platform using best-in-class Product Management practices. You’ll join our Product and Engineering team (well over 100 people and growing fast) and lead a cross-functional team covering UX, design, engineering, QA and data. You’ll have the opportunity to work closely with senior stakeholders throughout the business and will be supported by our Lead Product Manager, who will provide coaching and champion your personal and career development.
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers and the market, employing the right discovery techniques to identify the biggest opportunities and problems to solve.
- Conduct research and run experiments to validate your assumptions, generate learnings and iterate.
- Work closely with your team to create innovative solutions that are valuable, usable, feasible and viable.
- Create and own an ambitious, outcome-driven product roadmap for your team, aligned with our wider strategy and vision.
- Prioritise ruthlessly, ensuring that your team remains focussed on solving the most important problems, and that they understand the “why” behind what they’re building.
- Work with our data team to define goals and success metrics, and regularly monitor and report on the performance of products and new features.
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders and lead sessions to share updates on your team’s progress, discovery findings and the outcomes you’ve delivered.
- Champion the product and partner with our product marketing team to coordinate effective product launch and communication strategies.
- Demonstrable experience in a fast-paced Product Management role. B2B and startup/scaleup experience is desirable, but not essential.
- Curious and proactive mindset with a bias for action.
- A passionate and enthusiastic leader who enjoys leading a team.
- A track record of improving user experiences and delivering tangible business growth through product initiatives.
- Extensive experience working within cross-functional teams in an outcome-driven way. Comfortable with delivering at speed, learning quickly then iterating.
- A customer-centric attitude. You strive to create amazing user experiences and know the importance of continuous discovery, regularly engaging with your users to gather feedback and validate assumptions.
- Sound knowledge of Agile methodologies and ways of working.
- Solid knowledge of web technologies and web development practice. You may not be from a technical background but you love learning how everything fits together and can actively participate and contribute to technical discussions.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate clearly with a mix of technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong visual and product taste, resulting in products that have the wow factor and first-class UX.
- A natural collaborator, with a strong sense of humility, who enjoys working with all areas of the business, including sales, marketing, content and data teams.
- Drive to win and a willingness to take bold decisions when necessary.
- A competitive salary.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave.
- BUPA health insurance.
- Annual learning budget with access to General Assembly courses, an Audible subscription and hundreds of books and online lessons.
- Pension scheme.
- Motorway Car Leasing Scheme
- Hybrid working (approximately 1-2 days in the office a week) with the option to work remotely for a month per year.
- Discounted Calm membership.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- The chance to join a rapidly growing company that cares first and foremost about its people.
- The chance to work with an experienced and passionate team with a big vision.
Equal Opportunities Statement:
Motorway is committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. We believe our workforce should reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.