At Neo, we’re disrupting the future of finance. What matters most to us is challenging the status quo and providing a better financial future for all Canadians. We’re working everyday to reinvent the way Canadians spend, save, and grow their money – all together, in one place. We’re creating a seamless digital experience, with the modern day features you’ve come to expect. Our products speak for themselves – the Neo card was voted best cash back card in Canada and the Neo Money account was voted best bank account in Canada.
Backed by world class investors, we’ve raised $299M and are one of a few Canadian tech companies that have reached ‘unicorn’ status – valued over $1B. Check out the full story here.
Neo Financial is looking for a strong product leader to take on the role of VP/Head of Product at our Calgary headquarters. The role will work directly with our founders and executives to chart the course of Neo’s product development. A successful VP/Head of product will be a people-person with a strong leadership and management background, proven experience scaling teams, and a passion for building world-class consumer products.
As VP/Head of product you’ll work with product managers, design leaders, user researchers, and technical leaders to ensure we are building world class products that provide value to our customers and partners while meeting Neo’s business objectives. You have what it takes to see the big picture and help steer the rocket ship. You’re a master at motivating teams and helping them understand the strategic direction of the company and how their work fits within it. You excel as a coach, working closely with our product management team and driving a relentless focus on the customer experience.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work directly with the founders and company leaders to understand Neo’s direction, co-develop strategy, and translate that strategy into a product roadmap that will deliver world class results
- Lead and guide a growing team of product managers, designers, and UX researchers to continually deliver against our roadmap at quality and pace
- Help set and maintain the right balance between iterative quick wins, longer-term structural improvements, and paying down technical debt
- Lead people/recruiting team efforts to find, recruit, interview, onboard and grow our tremendous pool of talent; ensure we can hit near-impossible growth goals by taking an active approach every day
- Ensure that the product team is structured to be aligned to the needs of the business
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement in our product and software development lifecycle processes, working closely with engineering and design leaders to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of our cross functional teams
- Motivate the whole team to be involved in the tech community to bolster Neo’s presence and reputation; encourage others to step up but show them the way
- Work with business stakeholders at other companies, often serving as a connection point for relationships, partnerships or initiatives.
- Figure out how to get great outcomes by setting the appropriate context and expectations, rather than by trying to control, set policies, or dictate directions
Who we’re looking for:
- Great executive managers and leaders who will ensure we reach our vision for the best product team in Canada
- Experts who understand how product management is done at the best companies in the world, especially B2C product companies, silicon-valley successes, etc.
- Community-builders who are passionate about people being together and growing in-person teams here on the prairies: building trust, creating close ties, nurturing communication and fostering strong relationships
- Motivating leaders who spend time contextualizing and sharing the company’s strategic goals to help individuals feel connected and involved
- Driven, performance-focused leaders who don’t just run teams, but who constantly push them and level them up
- Leaders with excellent judgement who can make and support others with difficult trade-off decisions quickly and decisively
- Coaches who are able to guide teams across the product management spectrum of delivery, from strategic planning to ticket-level execution and release planning
- Startup innovators who understand that we can’t move faster or win by creating endless processes, approvals, checkpoints, policies, or rules
- Flexible leaders who can hop on a ship in motion: you’re excited to help us improve a spotify-team model, continuous delivery, kanban, and more.
- Aligned partners who value what we value (e.g. ownership, winning, diversity)
- Confident managers who can hold others accountable, and who speak out against mediocre or sub-par results anywhere at Neo
- Highly ambitious, big-picture thinkers who can imagine what Neo can be and can execute on our plan to get there in an impossibly short time
- Dedicated career-minded individuals who realize that a VP role needs to be a tremendously important focus in their life (while also being a huge opportunity)
- Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada and willing to relocate to Calgary.
What will help you succeed:
- 5+ years of experience as a CPO, VP of Product or similar position
- At least 10 years of management/leadership experience at technology organizations or while building technology-focused products.
- Experience with startup organizations or winning companies in the tech industry; B2C tech product experience is a huge asset
- Experience scaling and leading at scale; you’ve grown and managed teams of at least 50, where you coordinated other managers and leaders daily
- Strong understanding of modern development technologies and methodologies, as well as proven experience building strategies using the latest trends
About applying with us:
At Neo, you’ll be working with industry-leading technology that changes the way we live and redefines Canada’s financial future. It’s a serious deal, and we’re building a high performance, mission-driven, and fast-paced team that strives to make a difference in every Canadian’s life. We value personal growth, autonomy, leadership at all levels, and the ability to learn quickly from mistakes. We’re a team: in it together, always. Join a world class team building truly disruptive technology, right here in the Canadian prairies.
Benefits of working at Neo:
Flexible Compensation Scenarios – the ability to choose your base salary and equity combination
Meaningful Equity – employees are owners.When the company succeeds, you do too
Extended Health Benefits – comprehensive health and dental coverage that starts on day one
Wellness Benefits – complimentary access to Headspace and FitOn Pro subscriptions
Paid Maternity & Parental Leave – company top-up and 100% benefits coverage while you’re away
Modern Office Space – our newly renovated headquarters in Calgary and Winnipeg is prime for collaboration and innovation
Learning Events – all-company huddles, product demo days, guest speakers, and more
Neo Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We are excited to meet with and hire the top talent out there. Successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check and may require a credit check.