We help investors unlock generational wealth by providing access to investments normally reserved for the institutions and the ultra wealthy. We evaluate thousands of investments to provide our customers one diversified, and managed portfolio of alternative asset investments (things that are not stocks and bonds). Best of all, we are powered by an intuitive and easy to use software platform that our customers can use anywhere. Learn more at www.equi.com.
Our culture is driven by the values we collectively share and live together:
- Tikkun Olam (#TO, 🌎 ): Intent matters; and we’re committed to making our world a better place.
Be a Fiduciary (#BaF, 🏦 ): We always act in our customers’ best interests.
- Renaissance Ambition (#RA, 🎨 ): We pursue constant learning and self-development outside of work.
- Cheetah Craftsmanship (#ChC, 🐆 ): We sprint, innovate through obstacles, and produce excellent work; then recharge and reflect just as intensely, constantly honing and improving our craft.
- Lift Each Other Up (#LEOU, 🙌🏼 ): We act for the greater good of the team, not our own self-interest.
- Conscious candor (#CC, 👂🏼 ): We listen and communicate honestly and provide feedback directly while being self-aware and compassionate.
- No lone wolves; Equi’s hunt & build systems together (#NLW, 🐺 ): We hunt as a pack, collaborate to avoid information silos, and build systems to make good things easy for the future. “You do not rise to the level of your goals, you fall to the level of your systems.”
Equi is seeking a Director of Product to support the Firm’s Alternative Investment Products. You will be focused on delivering a world class investor experience, bringing elite style investing to a wider audience than ever before. This role is highly collaborative; you’ll work with our engineering, design, finance, compliance, marketing and sales teams to deliver for the business. You’ll contribute to establishing the metrics by which these activities and our success as a whole is evaluated.
This is an incredible opportunity for anyone that’s fascinated by the art and science of investing and is excited by the idea of managing hundreds of millions, and eventually billions, of dollars. You’ll also have the opportunity to be a foundational part of the small team creating the novel and innovative financial products at Equi.
This role is highly visible, highly autonomous and is high impact. You’ll be a key driving force for product thinking and culture. We’re looking for someone who thrives amidst uncertainty and is excited by the challenge.
Own: what is this person singularly responsible for?
- Manage an entire product focus area end-to-end, from concept through development, release, launch, evaluation and ongoing customer success.
- Champion a data-driven approach to decision-making. Oversee the development of internal analytics capabilities relevant to your product focus area.
- Collaborate with engineering, product design, and other partners to lead product execution and deliver an optimum customer experience
- Keep a pulse on the competitive landscape and macro/micro trends to ensure product differentiation
- Facilitate internal communication, documentation and knowledge dissemination of new and enhanced product features across the organization
- Ensure that what we build is both the best thing for our customer (#BeAFiduciary) and compliant within the various regulatory regimes we operate in.
Assist: what will this person be involved in, or collaborating with other individuals + teams on?
- Partner with sales and asset management teams to roadmap Equi products that support our customers and their capital with substantial and informative updates
- Partner with executive team on our product roadmap and prioritizing projects
- Work in unison with engineering and product design to build beautiful, sustainable and useful products for our customers
- Collaborate with legal and compliance to ensure we are building compliant and sustainable products
Knowledge: what experience does this person need to possess?
- Experience leading product teams, driving product process, culture and outcomes.
- 5+ years experience as a product manager with a track record of delivering customer delighting product experiences.
- Experience working in FinTech, experience within the Hedge Fund or Alternative Investment space preferred
- Experience in a regulated industry such as finance, healthcare, or equivalent
- Thoughtful about product process and efficient ways of collecting, synthesizing and presenting requirements
- Familiarity with remote-friendly product design and collaboration tools such as Figma, Asana, ProductBoard, Miro etc.
- Must be collaborative, flexible and adaptable, reliable with a strong ‘can do attitude’
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate technical and business requirements to the team
- Ability to transition from working on the big picture to supporting the minutiae of specific tasks when required
Equi offers competitive salaries, benefits, health insurance, 401(k), and a learning and development budget.
To create a platform where all feel welcome, we want our workforce to reflect the diversity of the customers we seek to serve. We encourage everyone interested in our purpose to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or any other trait that unfairly targets a group of people. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.