Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) seeks an Associate Manager, Product Management, to join our team to ensure our products remain innovative, competitive and best-in-class. The Associate Manager, Product Management is a key role that supports the development and delivery of our portfolio of assessment products including the GMAT Exam and the Executive Assessment. This role works in partnership with individuals in the product team, operations, engineering, marketing, vendors and other key stakeholders to define and deliver product initiatives in support of the product roadmap and strategic objectives.
Key Things You Will Be Doing
- Contribute to the definition, development, and delivery of new product features and updates that improve the customer experience, support the product roadmap, and align with business objectives.
- Collect and analyze quantitative and qualitative data, including customer feedback and product usage data to inform product decisions.
- Work with team members to develop user stories and business requirements for new product features and functionality and assist with managing the product backlog.
- Prepare project plans and project status reports for key initiatives.
- Keep apprised of the competitive landscape and industry trends across markets.
- Support the creation and execution of go-to-market strategies and plans working with stakeholders to ensure operational, technical, and marketing launch readiness.
- Work closely with product marketing in efforts to: 1) Plan and launch new initiatives; 2) Manage ongoing campaigns; 3) Run A/B tests; and 4) Leverage data to make recommendations for future performance improvement.
- Provide vendor support related to product delivery, and customer support related to inquiries and escalations.
Other responsibilities and duties, as assigned
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university in a related field; Or equivalent combination of education, skills, and experience .
- 3+ years relevant work experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Power Point).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills.
- Detail-oriented, with a keen focus on quality.
- Pro-active, enthusiastic, and positive approach to problem solving and working in teams.
- Ability to capture and organize information.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and/or projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and in a team setting, and across external and internal stakeholder groups.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Desired Skills in Your Toolbox
- Familiarity with product life cycle management practices.
- Experience in software development or product management using agile processes.
- Experience with writing user stories and product requirements (proficiency with Jira is a plus.)
- Project management skills and/or experience.
What We Offer
- A supportive, team-oriented environment where innovation and collaboration are valued.
- Comprehensive and locally competitive benefits (medical, dental, vision, 403b retirement program, and more!)
- Generous Paid time Off
- Holiday Leave
- Hybrid Work Environment – Reston, VA office
- Free parking
- Opportunity to utilize your skills and professionally grow and develop.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Report to: Senior Director, Product Management
GMAC’s value proposition offers our talented employees the ideal climate for innovation, and colleagues who are motivated and proactive, with diverse backgrounds and approaches.
As a global organization, we understand and appreciate the benefits of myriad cultural perspectives. GMAC is wholly committed to recruiting, developing, and retaining a diverse group of talented people, and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Additionally, to ensure a safe office environment, recognizing the tremendous contributions that vaccinations play in ensuring our mutual wellbeing, GMAC has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy. All employees must be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. GMAC may make accommodations or allow for exemption from this requirement for medical or religious reasons.