You’ll enjoy this role the most if:
- You want to be fully remote – forever!
- You ask good questions and don’t shy away from figuring out the answer if we don’t have them (yet)
- You have payments experience and some (or a lot of!) knowledge about lending
- You’ve built products from (pretty much) scratch before and keen to do it again
- You enjoy working with internal teams on a product that will be the backbone of our business
- You are passionate about fostering great relationships across the team from engineering to leadership
StudentFinance is a venture-backed company with the mission of removing barriers to education and empowering economic mobility.
We deeply believe in the power of education and that access to education should not depend on one’s financial background. Currently, millions of people are in need of reskilling and are not able to fulfill their potential due to financial barriers.
So we are building the technological, data, and financial infrastructure to offer outcomes-based financing. Through Income Share Agreements, people defer the tuition payment and only start making payments after getting a job. ISAs are all about aligned incentives, and so are we at StudentFinance. Our end game is supporting our customer’s transition to employment and financial health.
To get there, we are building a world-class team of purpose-driven and entrepreneurial people, working in a remote setting from cities across Europe.
About the role
In this role you will unlock growth by building our key parts of our product from the ground up. It should feel second nature to you to navigate our multi-market payment collection complexities and regulatory requirements; to work under the pressure of a rocket-ship growth of customers; to collaborate closely across customers and the team to define a vision from scratch; and to work closely with our engineers, and get hands on when it makes sense, to drive short term wins along the roadmap.
- Define and lead product and feature launches to enable growth.
- Own our product and feature vision definition and roadmap.
Define and monitor key product metrics.
- Build close relationships with, and get feedback and buy-in from, stakeholders, the team, and customers.
- Contribute to developing and improving our product development processes, proposing tools and processes that could make yourself and the team more efficient and productive.
- Work cross-functionally to handle and resolve complex and time-sensitive challenges that are important for the company.
- Proven track record of tying together commercials, regulation and customer attitudes and behaviours to build and launch new products or features, end to end, to drive growth.
- Demonstrated ability to challenge and validate assumptions using product discovery and validation techniques as well as through rigorous analysis of internal and external data and consumer insights.
- Strong communication skills and comfortable interacting with stakeholders, internal teams and end customers to understand their needs as well as communicating progress and potential operational risks.
- Experience working with cross functional digital teams and able to help them to better understand and consider the impacts of their decisions on the customer, commercials, and risk exposure.
- Detail oriented, have an inquisitive mind, and think thoroughly from first principles.
- Experience with modern Product Management and BizOps tools (Jira, Airtable, Zapier, Autopilot, etc)
At StudentFinance, we believe our team is our biggest asset. We are very ambitious and hard-working and expect that this benefits package motivates and generates well-being in the team. Please find below a summary of the current benefits package:
- Equity 📈
- You can freely chose your location, we are remote first! ✈️
- Unlimited vacation days and flexible working hours – be your own boss! 🏝
- Yearly home office allowance 👩💻
- Newest MacBook/PC of your choice 💻
- Personal development budget 🤓 and 1on1 mentoring with world-class CPOs from our network
- Annual retreats 🧳🛥🏔✈️🏝