We are TravelPerk: a scaling unicorn valued at $1.3billion that has raised over $400m since our creation in 2015.
The pandemic has changed the way we live, work and travel. We’re helping companies and workers adapt to this new reality (and revolutionising a market worth $1.3 trillion) by building a platform for connecting people in real life in an enjoyable and sustainable way.
Backed by world-class investors with portfolios including AirBnB, Stripe, Slack, Trello, Gusto, Twitter, Farfetch and Deliveroo, our team is made up of A-players from across the travel and technology industries. Over the past few years, we’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired.
TravelPerk are innovators. During the last year we have welcomed and acquired the likes of Click Travel, NexTravel and Albatross to the team. From TravelCare, to FlexiPerk and of course GreenPerk we’re shaping the future of the industry. Our team continues to emerge stronger and stronger as we adjust to the new normal—and that’s where you come in!
If you’re ready to take off with us, keep reading!
TravelPerk is building and developing a best-in-class SaaS product and we’re looking for a Senior Product Manager with a strong technical background, who wants to join our journey.
As a Senior Technical Product Manager at TravelPerk you’ll take ownership for one or more areas of our product or platform. Together with your team(s), you’ll build an inspiring, insight-driven strategy to help scale our internal platforms and services for continued organisational growth.
What will you do?
- Articulate and communicate the context and vision for your product areas, in a way which motivates your teams and brings clarity to your stakeholders.
- Work closely with internal teams, including developers, engineers, architects, quality assurance, and operations. Ensure problems are fully understood, and that implementation plans effectively solve those problems
- Answer incoming questions about your area of the product and provide relevant training, including facilitating the creation and maintenance of proper product documentation.
- Serve as a product evangelist and subject matter expert to the technical/developer community.
- You’ll practice a servant-leadership style to help your teams achieve a high-performing state.
- You’ll shield the makers from external distractions and optimise their environment and ways-of-working for enhanced velocity, impact, product mindset and a great culture.
- Help us grow a 7-star product organisation.
- You’ll constantly be learning to develop your personal craft, and to uncover (and spread) new ideas and inspiration among your colleagues.
- You’ll also mentor and train fellow product managers and associates. You may also take on line management responsibilities for a small group of PMs.
What You’ll Need
We need someone who has a proven track record of bringing incredible products to life with a data driven and user centric approach. Your background will include:
- A proven track record of 5+ years at an Internet-based company, with at least 2 years as a Product Manager. Web development experience is valued but not a necessity.
- Comfortable with high level concepts related to the tech stack and demonstrated ability to navigate build vs buy decision making.
- Great understanding of how to build software products with a demonstrated ability to break down complex projects into smaller milestones adding incremental value.
- Demonstrated ability to learn multiple functional areas of business – engineering, design, finance, sales, or marketing.
- Demonstrated ability to figure out solutions to hard problems with many constraints, using sound judgement to assess risks, and to lay out your proposal in a well-structured, data-informed, written narrative.
- Proven ability to engage with Engineers, Data/Data Science, Customer Support, Legal, Finance/Accounting and other key stakeholders.
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation including equity in the company
- Generous vacation days so you can rest and recharge
- Health perks such as private healthcare or gym allowance depending on your location
- “Flexible compensation plan” to help you diversify and increase the net salary
- Flexibility to work from home most of the time with core hours
- Unforgettable TravelPerk events including travel to one of our hubs
- Udemy for business account to continue your development
- Mental health support tool for your wellbeing
- Exponential growth opportunities
For certain positions we can help with relocation from anywhere in the world, please let us know in your applications and we will assess whether this is possible. English is the official language at the office. Please submit your resume in English if you choose to apply.
At TravelPerk we believe that diversity adds incredible value to our teams, our products, and our culture. We don’t just accept differences—we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.