Digital Product Manager
Location: Cambridge, hybrid
Salary: £35,000 – £49,500 depending on experience
Contract: permanent, full-time
We are Cambridge University Press & Assessment, a world-leading academic publisher and assessment organisation, and a proud part of the University of Cambridge.
We are on an exciting journey to design and deliver new digital learning and assessment products to our schools and learners. We are recruiting for a passionate Digital Product Manager to join us and work in our Innovation and Development team. You will be working with some of the world’s leading experts, working out how to create engaging and meaningful “digital first” assessment for students and teachers, to improve educational outcomes for students around the world.
Why should you join Cambridge?
Our mission is to contribute to society through the pursuit of education, learning, and research at the highest international levels of excellence. Which is why every year, we give vital support to millions of people in more than 170 countries around the world. From teachers and learners to researchers and academics, we help to build confidence, unlock potential, and enable success. We give people the opportunity to show what they’ve learnt, we spread knowledge, spark enquiry, and aid understanding.
We achieve this by embracing change, and continuously focusing on our customers’ needs. And by collaborating, and carefully listening to our customers and to each other, we keep moving forward, keep innovating, and keep finding newer and better ways of doing things.
About the role
You will be responsible for managing the development of new “digital-first” assessments, as well as some of our other innovative digital assessment-related offers. We are exploring completely new ways of assessing digitally: adapting and iterating based on teacher, student and assessment subject expert feedback. Digital PMs bring together multi-disciplinary teams to explore concepts, define pilots and ultimately define innovative product proposals in line with CUP&A strategies.
- Prioritise and manage roadmaps, goals and objectives for products, based on customer insight and assessment research
- Generate and prioritise hypotheses with key stakeholders for user testing, specify metrics, and lead an evidence-driven approach to decision making
- Work with Research and UX to capture and prioritise user needs and translate into feature requirements and deliverables.
- Synthesise insight and present milestones and decisions to key stakeholders
- Manage and prioritise the backlog of tasks for the product/s you are developing
- Work with Delivery Leads to define, plan and deliver products in support of the digital products and services strategy.
We expect you to bring strong skills in several of the following areas:
- Experience of Product Development methodologies such as Lean, Agile and Jobs to be Done;
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills;
- Developing, communicating and executing customer-centric research plans;
- Empathetic around customer problems; strong active listener in customer conversations;
- Developing and communicating product roadmaps;
- Leading and facilitating remote workshops and stakeholder meetings
- Managing product using agreed toolkits (Trello, Miro, Jira etc)
- Experience working with complex cross-functional teams, particularly non-digital subject matter experts, is highly desirable.
- You should be sharply customer-focussed, decisive, responsive and proactive, and a strong communicator who enjoys working in a collaborative setup with different groups. Experience of product development in the education sector is a strong advantage.
We will also consider applications from less experienced Junior/Associate PMs looking to take the next step in their career journey; salary will be based on experience.
Rewards and benefits
We will support you to be at your best in work and to live well outside of it. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer a world-class, flexible rewards package, featuring family-friendly and planet-friendly benefits including:
- Group personal pension scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Life assurance up to 4 x annual salary
- Private medical insurance
- Green travel schemes
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
We also offer flexible and hybrid working options from day one. We will consider any work arrangements if you wish to work flexibly or require adjustments due to a disability.
Ready to pursue potential? Apply now
We review applications on an ongoing basis, with a closing date for all applications being 4th December.
Please note that successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory background checks including DBS due to working in a regulated industry.
Why join us
Joining us is your opportunity to pursue potential. You’ll belong to a collaborative team that’s exploring new and better ways to serve students, teachers and researchers across the globe – for the benefit of individuals, society and the world. Sharing our mission will inspire your own growth, development and progress, in an environment which embraces difference, change and aspiration.
Cambridge University Press & Assessment is committed to being a place where anyone can enjoy a successful career, where everyone has a voice, and where we learn continuously to improve together. Ensuring that everyone feels they belong is essential to who we are, and to the contribution we make to society and our planet.
We believe better outcomes come through diversity of thought, background and approach. We welcome applications from people from all backgrounds and communities, actively seeking to employ people from a wide range of different communities.