Director, Product Management
The Director, Product Management will lead Brilliant Earth’s overall product strategy and roadmap, including trade-off decisions and software development. In this role, you will work cross-functionally with all other business functions and lead your team to bring the best consumer-facing features to market. The Director, Product Management is accountable for succeeding against identified business and technical goals; and sets the short- and long-term product goals across our digital customer experience.
The ideal candidate for this role is passionate about building and optimizing industry-leading e-commerce user experiences. This senior leader inspires a positive, high-energy, results-oriented culture across the team, encompassing product management, software development and UX.
- Execute complex, multi-dimensional product roadmaps
- Manage, develop and lead diverse teams of Product Marketers, Developers and Designers
- Both provide direction and own projects, including: development of new features (consumer facing and backend functionality), translating business needs into technical requirements, communicating with development teams, integrating with third parties, quality assurance, and defining/reporting on performance metrics
- Continue to develop a culture of innovation, experimentation and improvement
- Partner with relevant stakeholders, leading the development of launch and go-to-market plans
- Act as the voice of our customers, ensuring business goals remain aligned with identified needs
- Continue to build the most optimal user experiences and set the direction for the design of the user experience
- Lead the team to determine prioritization, implementation and iteration of products
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with development teams, focusing on efficiency and high-quality standards
- Identify issues and blockers that may delay the launch or impede the success of products in product portfolio (or strategic capability), communicate to leadership, assess alternatives, and take action to resolve
- 10+ years’ experience in Digital Product Management or equivalent
- 6+ years’ experience in e-commerce, or relevant industry
- 5+ years’ experience building and leading high performing teams and priorities across multiple stakeholders
- Experience leading digital product development; knowledge of agile best practices and design thinking principles.
- Demonstrated ability to use data and testing to drive decisions and strategies.
- Player-coach mentality, with an ability to own projects as well as delegate and provide direction to team members
- Ability to synthesize multiple inputs and develop cohesive product roadmaps
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, prioritize and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
- Proactive, solution-oriented mindset and approach to problem solving in a fast-paced environment, maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, at all levels of the organization
- Ability to prioritize time effectively amidst shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Interest in socially and environmentally responsible organizations and products
- Understanding and acceptance of diversity, equity, inclusion and workplace belonging concepts
The targeted budget for this position is $175k – 205K. This compensation budget range may be adjusted at any time at the discretion of the company.
What We Offer
At Brilliant Earth, we’re passionate about the employee experience. That’s why we offer an excellent training program and endless opportunities for career growth! In addition, we offer competitive salaries and a robust benefits package, including:
- Equity Compensation. You will play an important role in the growth and success of the company. RSU awards allow us all to share in these successes.
- Insurance. Medical, dental, and vision insurance kick in on the first day of your 2nd month!
- 401k match. We know that saving for the future is important. That’s why we offer a generous 401k match.
- Open PTO Policy. We know it’s important to recharge and relax.
- Disability and Life insurance. 100% employer-paid.
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits.
- Continued Education. Company-sponsored learning in leadership, professional skills, diversity & inclusion, and access to tuition reimbursement for role-specific trainings.
- Employee Discounts. As an employee at Brilliant Earth, you’ll receive a generous discount on our jewelry.
- Wellness Benefits. We offer access to exclusive discounts on gym memberships and more, as well as an Employee Assistance Program for 24/7 access to counseling.
- Giving Back and Volunteer Opportunities. In addition to our giving back programs, our teams support local initiatives and spend time together by volunteering.
Brilliant Earth recognizes the value of diversity and inclusion on our team, as we work together to reinvent fine jewelry in a thoughtful and modern way. At Brilliant Earth, we celebrate each other – our successes, the lessons along the way, and the unique perspectives each individual brings to our team. It is our intent to maintain a work environment and hiring process which is free of harassment or discrimination because of sex, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal, State or local laws. We are committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws providing Equal Employment Opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations.
If you need assistance or reasonable accommodation completing an application or at any stage of the interview process, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit your application here.